Biggest size on stock 17's?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

WBO

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Raleigh, NC - Wrightsville Beach, NC - Chapel Hill
Hey guys,

I apologize, first off, if this has been covered, but for the life of me, I've searched and searched and haven't come up with any solid/conclusive answers on this.

I have a 2007 Yukon SLT 4x4 with the stock 17's. It currently is rolling on bald LTX m/s2's in the stock size and I need tires right away, but I might want to get a leveling kit towards the end of the summer.

I know I want KO2's (big fan of the all terrain and had them on my Jeep GC (RIP, but thats another story)), but I am curious if I can fit 285/70r17 BFG KO2's on the stock rims, and what kind of rubbing I would face with a little bit of trimming, while I wait to get a lift.

The other option would be to go with the 275/70r17 size, which I know will fit just fine on a stock rim and suspension, but I would be worried they would look goofy and too small once leveled.

Does anyone have pictures of or experience on either of these specific sizes on stock 17's and stock suspension?

I found a couple of cases of 275/60r20's on stock rims and suspensions, but that tire is almost half an inch narrower, and they reported minor rubbing. Im worried that .5" could make a difference.

What say you?

Thanks,

Parker

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
Yes they will fit if you trim on the inner front fender brace. Then pull liner forward. Why not get a 1.5" front level kit off eBay for $40. It will help clear everything. That's super cheap and should be negligible if you want those tires.

OP
OP
WBO

WBO

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Raleigh, NC - Wrightsville Beach, NC - Chapel Hill
Thats what I was planning on doing after doing some more research. Thanks for the help! I will report back and post some pictures when I get the tires on in the next week or so.

In the mean time, anyone else with experience, knowledge, or pictures on this?

Tiki

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Quite a few folks on the truck side are running the slightly taller and wider 295/70r17s in tires that run truer to size than BFGs. This is with 2-3" of front level.

Reaction score
I have Pro Comp Mud Terrains.

33/12.5/17 on stock wheels actually may stuff 35s soon.

No rub works great. 3.5" lift

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@Galante and his Tahoe

Someday we'll get around to leveling ours. Still riding on stock size KO2s. If we ever go to 33s, it will probably be 275-60-20 KO2s to keep from rubbing and extra width is not necessary to me.