Big Red - 2000 Tahoe Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
ArcticYukon

ArcticYukon

The White Yuke has been superseded by a Red Hoe
Reaction score
But, its the beginning of the month now.....

I didn't choose work life, work life chose me.

On Feb 31st.

Yup... Feb.29th - complete teardown, Feb. 30th - strip paint to bare metal and repaint, Feb. 31st - headliner and complete reassembly. It's like a Overhaulin' style build.... except without 100 hands on the car.

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Yup... Feb.29th - complete teardown, Feb. 30th - strip paint to bare metal and repaint, Feb. 31st - headliner and complete reassembly. It's like a Overhaulin' style build.... except without 100 hands on the car.

Truth. Those shows, sure they have talent, but they have every tool, vendor and machine imaginable at their fingertips and a whole team dedicated to excellence. TV of course. Work, life and family is reality and keeps us in check, ammaright? Look forward to the before and after shots. Will make a huge difference.

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score

And.. you have a time portal, which allows you to work in-between actual calendar days! I want one!

OP
OP
ArcticYukon

ArcticYukon

Reaction score
Truth. Those shows, sure they have talent, but they have every tool, vendor and machine imaginable at their fingertips and a whole team dedicated to excellence. TV of course. Work, life and family is reality and keeps us in check, ammaright? Look forward to the before and after shots. Will make a huge difference.

You hit the nail on the head, man. Took me 7 years to build my Jeep up to where it was when I sold it... and there was still a ton more I wanted to do to it. Now I have TWO project DDs that need my attention, and my wife and THREE kids that want my attention as well... plus a crazy work schedule and getting ready for a move 900 miles away.

And.. you have a time portal, which allows you to work in-between actual calendar days! I want one!

Shhhhhhh..... be cool man... I might be able to put in a good word for you.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
You hit the nail on the head, man. Took me 7 years to build my Jeep up to where it was when I sold it... and there was still a ton more I wanted to do to it. Now I have TWO project DDs that need my attention, and my wife and THREE kids that want my attention as well... plus a crazy work schedule and getting ready for a move 900 miles away.

Shhhhhhh..... be cool man... I might be able to put in a good word for you.
Why not get the kids and wife to help do the 2 projects? Quality family time PLUS finishing your builds. Win/Win in my book :D

OP
OP
ArcticYukon

ArcticYukon

Reaction score
More goodies for Big Red this weekend... hit the junkyard up and got a pair of Esky corner vents, a double-DIN dash bezel, OEM jack and jack tools, and 4 speakers... which I don't know if they'll work or not yet.

Why not get the kids and wife to help do the 2 projects? Quality family time PLUS finishing your builds. Win/Win in my book :D

Oh trust me, I've tried. My boys come out and help from time to time, but my oldest can only handle so much because the bright lights and loud noises are hard for him to handle (high-functioning autistic), my younger son usually bails on me to play football with his friends (I don't really mind though - I'd like him to perfect his skills as often as possible), and my daughter usually ends up climbing trees after about 5 minutes or so.

My wife... well.... yeah.

OP
OP
ArcticYukon

ArcticYukon

Reaction score
Fixed the driver's side rear window regulator. That thing was toast! While I had the panel off, I rewired the speaker... which ended up *********** into me rewiring ALL the speakers and fixing all the other problems the PO caused when he installed them. I don't have money for new speakers right now, but when I do it will be getting an entire new system. Little ****** head didn't even both terminating anything or at least using crimp connectors. Just clipped off the factory plugs at each speaker, twisted some new wires onto them and covering them with masking tape, then twisting the ends of the wires onto the speaker terminals.... PLUS he ditched the speaker brackets for the front doors.... I'd like to wring his neck for that dick move.

Also got rid of all the tape adhesive around the window that was leftover from the various amounts of tape I had keeping the window up. Wife is MUCH happier now.

AND I did a test-fit of the esky applique's that I bought for it.

20190415_145908.jpg

20190415_145901.jpg

20190415_145855.jpg

They fit great! Now I just have to scuff 'em and re-paint them gloss black. Definitely make a world of difference to the appearance of the rear though!

Didn't have enough time to do the fan clutch though, much less the headliner. It's coming though.

OP
OP
ArcticYukon

ArcticYukon

Reaction score
Agreed!
waytogo.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member