Big Red - 2000 Tahoe Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Lol right? Such a slacker! Should be getting the tip on and a few other things done to it this coming week. Trying to get everything DONE to the vehicles that I need to this week, so that the following week is the final "clearance" of stuff that we won't be taking with us and the packing up of everything, and the week after will be focusing on cleanup.

I hate moving.

Also... bought these last night:

61URQRnKVvL._SL1000_.jpg

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PBJCVGR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I kinda like the idea of being able to switch back and forth from white to yellow light when I need them. Bought a set for a pair of round AUX lights for my Ram as well. I'm sure we'll get a lot of use out of them on the roads in KY going through the hills.

Dave, I'm sure you can vouch for the benefits of yellow lights in snowstorms and fog.
I actually bought those and they sent me the wrong ones. When I plugged them in I noticed they sent my white and amber in stead of white and yellow :facepalm:
Anyway they weren’t very bright anyway, at least not the ones I bought (Chinese brand). Thought I’d let you know, hopefully yours are better

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol right? Such a slacker! Should be getting the tip on and a few other things done to it this coming week. Trying to get everything DONE to the vehicles that I need to this week, so that the following week is the final "clearance" of stuff that we won't be taking with us and the packing up of everything, and the week after will be focusing on cleanup.

I hate moving.

Also... bought these last night:

61URQRnKVvL._SL1000_.jpg

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/B07PBJCVGR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I kinda like the idea of being able to switch back and forth from white to yellow light when I need them. Bought a set for a pair of round AUX lights for my Ram as well. I'm sure we'll get a lot of use out of them on the roads in KY going through the hills.

Dave, I'm sure you can vouch for the benefits of yellow lights in snowstorms and fog.
Interesting

OP
OP
ArcticYukon

ArcticYukon

The White Yuke has been superseded by a Red Hoe
Reaction score
Good job so far, looks like fun!

Thanks, man.

I actually bought those and they sent me the wrong ones. When I plugged them in I noticed they sent my white and amber in stead of white and yellow :facepalm:
Anyway they weren’t very bright anyway, at least not the ones I bought (Chinese brand). Thought I’d let you know, hopefully yours are better

Well.... I got them in yesterday. Then, I was toolin' around looking at some more stuff and realized I ordered the wrong size. Got 2 pairs of H3's instead of a pair of H3 for the ram and a pair of 880's for this. :facepalm:

Gonna have to send a set back and get the correct ones.

Interesting

Yeah we'll see how well they do. The reviews all seem good, but who knows. Sometimes reviewers are more "form over function" instead of "form FOLLOWS function"... but we'll see.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Thanks, man.

Well.... I got them in yesterday. Then, I was toolin' around looking at some more stuff and realized I ordered the wrong size. Got 2 pairs of H3's instead of a pair of H3 for the ram and a pair of 880's for this. :facepalm:

Gonna have to send a set back and get the correct ones.

Yeah we'll see how well they do. The reviews all seem good, but who knows. Sometimes reviewers are more "form over function" instead of "form FOLLOWS function"... but we'll see.
If they light up good I’ll need a link, I’m still interested in having a pair in my fog lights

OP
OP
ArcticYukon

ArcticYukon

The White Yuke has been superseded by a Red Hoe
Reaction score
Been pretty busy with packing for the move, but I managed to get a few things done on the Hoe.

New washer fluid reservoir and new line for the rear (found out that's actually where the leak was coming from).

Headlight shave, smooth, and restoration.
https://www.instagram.com/p/BzlGpXpAZDH/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Also did the high 4 mod finally.

Hooked up the new fog light bulbs and they work really good, unfortunately P.O. strikes again... Completely destroyed the holes the bulbs go into the fog lamp housings when he shoved the HID bulbs into them. So between that, the oxidized lenses and the reflectors rattling around inside the housings, I'm just going to end up getting new housings. So no fogs for now.

I'd upload pics, but I keep getting errors on my phone saying the file size is too large.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14