SOLVED - Big 3 upgrade, EVERY warning light on immediately after.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
T

Tyrant

Reaction score
All lights work, audio works, power pedal adjust works, trailer functions work, overhead DVD player works, backup sensors work, and literally EVERYTHING but the ABS/Traction control/4 low is functioning.

It's popping a TCCM error code, which (per the forums) typically leads to a bad switch (mine illuminates AND switches successfully from 2 high to 4 high and back) or the TCCM itself...

When I get home this week, I'll run to another shop and try a different scantool. If a third brand doesn't read it, I guess I'll start over from scratch.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I pulled every connector and ground from the rear doors to the rear bumper and wire brushed contact points, then slathered dielectric grease on the connector for the fuel pump control module. The CEL is gone, it revs to redline in all gears and shifts perfectly - the U0109 code is still present after clearing, which is odd.

Well, damn, again.

OP
OP
T

Tyrant

Reaction score
Ok. Good luck my man.
I appreciate you taking the time, I mean it. The first thing I checked was those 3 wires, I did voltage checks at each and and measured resistance from the fuse box to the battery, as well as the ground to battery and starter to battery.

Continuity checks out and resistance was minimal... I even disconnected the 10g ground behind the bumper and wire brushed it, despite never touching that before the 1/0 install.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
All lights work, audio works, power pedal adjust works, trailer functions work, overhead DVD player works, backup sensors work, and literally EVERYTHING but the ABS/Traction control/4 low is functioning.

It's popping a TCCM error code, which (per the forums) typically leads to a bad switch (mine illuminates AND switches successfully from 2 high to 4 high and back) or the TCCM itself...

When I get home this week, I'll run to another shop and try a different scantool. If a third brand doesn't read it, I guess I'll start over from scratch.

I'm still stuck on a module being affected by the power loss and restoration. Any chance you might have disconnected the battery (positive or negative) with the key on? Any chance you might have, even very quickly and/or very lightly, brushed a negative cable terminal to the positive post or a positive cable terminal to the negative post?

OP
OP
T

Tyrant

Reaction score
Are these systems extremely sensitive to voltage changes? The only other impact I can think of is that the voltage seems to be more consistent on long drives. Prior to the wire job, it was ~14 on the gauge and it sits at a steady 14.5 while driving now. Actually measures out to 14.2-14.7 with a voltmeter.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
With the codes you have and the level of confidence in your electrical work I would be suspecting a module issue. It wouldn’t be the first time someone has had “U” codes after battery work on here. It would be nice to have a scan tool that could ping each module and confirm a handshake and that they were awake.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I'm still stuck on a module being affected by the power loss and restoration. Any chance you might have disconnected the battery (positive or negative) with the key on? Any chance you might have, even very quickly and/or very lightly, brushed a negative cable terminal to the positive post or a positive cable terminal to the negative post?
You beat me to it!

OP
OP
T

Tyrant

Reaction score
That's possible... I'm damned careful and certainly didn't notice any inadvertent shorts. I feel like a short of that nature would've blown a fuse somewhere, but the only thing I found in the entire vehicle was the trailer wiring fuse.

If that happened, it completely slipped by me, and I ripped the battery out before I touched anything else.

OP
OP
T

Tyrant

Reaction score
Some of my exterior lights (previous owner ran overheard lights on the roof) do stay illuminated for long after I pull the key and close the doors. I do also keep a dash cam hardwired in the vehicle, I may have left that plugged into 12v power when I pulled the battery...

OP
OP
T

Tyrant

Reaction score
If I caused a short by failing to unplug my dash cam, I'd be kicking my own butt for months. I think you guys are right about the modules, I'm just afraid to bite the bullet and go through the hassle of replacing them, only to program new ones and run the risk of it being something simpler.

I'm really hoping that I'm just missing something obvious, but I've tried to K.I.S.S. and work my way from simplest to most complicated...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
felixmontiel