BIG 3 upgrade.. advice for tomorrows install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

haks310

Got LEDs?
Reaction score
Yeah, the DieHard has 880CCA and 135 minutes of reserve. 34/78 group so it has the top and side mounts also. Overkill but at least I know I wont have to upgrade down the road.

Okay thought so. Just need to buy battery terminals, wiring and the ground terminals.

Also, I have a subscription to ConsumerReports, the best rated battery for under $90 was the NAPA Select 84 in their tests. Just throwing that out there if anybody is looking for a new battery.

Last edited:

TahoeGoBoom

blue interior guy
Reaction score
Also, I have a subscription to ConsumerReports, the best rated battery for under $90 was the NAPA Select 84 in their tests. Just throwing that out there if anybody is looking for a new battery.

a week late for me. lol. oh well, mine was basically free anyway. lol

OP
OP
A

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
yea im debating what kind of battery to grab right now as well. im going to find the battery with both top and sides, just so if i need it in another car. are the red/yellow tops worth it? hows interstate??? thanks

OP
OP
A

AtomicHoe094

Atomichoe094
Reaction score
would this yellow top be good
D34/78 - model number

8014-045
D750U
SC34DU

12V

55 AH- amp hours

750 CCA

870 CA

120 -reserve

haks310

Got LEDs?
Reaction score
Yeah that would work. The highest rated battery was the DieHard Platinum, runner up was an Optima RedTop. If you're gonna go Optima go with a YellowTop though, they are deep cycle batteries and do so much better than the RedTops. If you read online you'll notice that they give out within the year.

Also, Group 34/78 will give you the top and side mounts. Group 75 is just the sides.

Last edited:

hapyspaz

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just an FYI, Optima is Intersate.

I had 2 red tops before running dual battery alternator, had them for 7 years across 3 vehicles. One got pulled and sat on a board in the garage for 2 years. After 2 years, I was able to hook up to it to jump start my Tahoe.

I traded one in under warranty for a yellow top, and had it burn out in a few months. Had the new yellow top for over a year now and no problems other than the g/f leaving the lights on at work all day when I took her car to work for service...

96ProCompTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i've got a red top in the camaro that goes through hell of running dead and being recharged all the time. haha its been in there for over a year and still going strong.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
16yukon