Bidding on this right now

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score

Have been looking for a 3/4 ton 2000-2006 NBS Suburban but I came across this on B.A.T. tonight. Gonna see what happens.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Have been looking for a 3/4 ton 2000-2006 NBS Suburban but I came across this on B.A.T. tonight. Gonna see what happens.
Clean looking rig. It sure is a lot of truck though.

B-train

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had the same configuration and year, just SRW. The motor is strong, the transmission bulletproof, but it is a lot of truck. The long wheelbase rode great, but everything costs SO much more for maintenance compared to a Tahoe or yukon. However, they are built better in some ways too for the commercial aspect of fleet sales and hold up well. Just make sure to rust proof the heck out of it if you buy it. It spent years in a salt state to start off its life, so that is something to consider. Based on the pics, it looks clean. Maybe a snowbird-sunbird thing?

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
@wjburken, I will be towing a lot of trailer.

@B-train, I am aware of the upcoming costs if it comes to pass that I get this truck. I did own an extended cab long bed Duramax w/Allison transmission at one time that was a rock solid performer.

Both of you guys are correct that it is likely more truck than I am looking for but if the price is right and I drive it here in rust free Oregon and up and down the coast as planned, I should be ok. I like the low miles and the price point I am sticking to. We shall see what happens.

tungsten

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Good luck.
Those mirrors look homemade,WUWT?

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I will be towing a lot of trailer.
Wasn’t judging. Just stating that it was a very capable vehicle. If I had my druthers, i wouldn’t mind that in my driveway and I don’t do much towing at allZ. Just like the idea that I could tow pretty much whatever I wanted to if the need arose.

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Wasn’t judging. Just stating that it was a very capable vehicle. If I had my druthers, i wouldn’t mind that in my driveway and I don’t do much towing at allZ. Just like the idea that I could tow pretty much whatever I wanted to if the need arose.
No offense taken. Typing never expresses true meanings in my answers sometimes. I am only interested to a certain price point. Is likely more truck than I will ever need, unless I want to go in to business moving trailers around the country. Plus, like @tungsten said, the mirrors are a bit much. It says aftermarket mirrors but man, they stick way out there.

By the way, moving trailers around the country with a rig like this, is a decent business here in the PNW. If was to win auction and not do a business, the mirrors would be first to be addressed. What surprised me the most was that the headliner was replaced already.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No offense taken. Typing never expresses true meanings in my answers sometimes. I am only interested to a certain price point. Is likely more truck than I will ever need, unless I want to go in to business moving trailers around the country. Plus, like @tungsten said, the mirrors are a bit much. It says aftermarket mirrors but man, they stick way out there.

By the way, moving trailers around the country with a rig like this, is a decent business here in the PNW. If was to win auction and not do a business, the mirrors would be first to be addressed. What surprised me the most was that the headliner was replaced already.

If you're fine with having it and paying for it for your purposes, then it's better to have too much than not enough truck. Good luck!

OP
OP
OR VietVet

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
If you're fine with having it and paying for it for your purposes, then it's better to have too much than not enough truck. Good luck!
Same way I look at it. The best 3/4 ton Sub I found was at a dealer for $19,995.00 and had a pretty good shimmy that I felt with confidence was caused buy the severe wheel offset and wide knobby tires. It had around 95k miles on it. Same color as my Tahoe. I had my eye on a 2004 2500 for $6900 but did not jump and the only ones within 200 miles are used up 225k miles+ rigs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliteweapons