Best weld in muffler for 5.3

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Hoganator

Hoganator

Reaction score
I couldn't be happier with my experience with the Xlerator series from AP Exhaust. They're basically Magnaflow clones at a fraction of the price. I have the XS1259, which is the Magnaflow 12259 copy. Nearly stock sound levels inside at normal cruising but a healthy meaty growl when ******* the throttle, but it's still nothing you have to raise your voice over to talk. Outside is a whole different story. It was around $50ish last I checked on Amazon.

What a price. I’ll do some digging to hear what it sounds like.

bigdog9191999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
have a thrush welded on my avalanche and loved the sound of it and it wasn't bad inside at all ( but also don't have the full interior space like the suvs) I had something similar put on the wifes 03 denali and it makes the 6.0 sound good. but has just a touch more drone than I would prefer, but she loves it so it will stay. pretty sure I am going to take the muffler off my avalanche and put it on my Tahoe ( is now parked due to rust)

I also want to put something on my 8.1 suburban, but don't want any drone as I don't want to be on the highway with a trailer for hours and have the drone. so am very much considering a flowmaster 50 series suv muffler as I had one on a pickup at one point and it sounded basically the same as what my avalanche does, just not as loud.

have also heard some with corsa and bolra systems and although they sound good, I personally cannot justify the cost of the systems.

ThisIsLivin

Reaction score
I installed the Gibson stainless exhaust on my Yukon Denali. It was the only true 3.5" I could find. The sound is great and the performance is even better. Lifetime warranty was a big seller too. I bought it through JEGs for $465 for everything, they had it on sale.

ls1frc

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What aftermarket chambered muffler sounds close to stock? I'm looking for a stock 3.5" exhaust but they're tough to find local.

Mechanic421

06 Denali XL
Reaction score
I installed the Gibson stainless exhaust on my Yukon Denali. It was the only true 3.5" I could find. The sound is great and the performance is even better. Lifetime warranty was a big seller too. I bought it through JEGs for $465 for everything, they had it on sale.
Like my Gibson exhaust,but after three years they will not warranty the tailpipe. I even registered it when new.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tahoe Belgium