Best way to restore at home

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Antdogbmx

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can’t afford to pay someone was looking for tips from you pros. I did start wetsanding

EC9EC6F1-26BC-4791-BF2E-9CEFF43FCE4B.jpeg

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score
supposedly chemical paint stripper will remove the clear coating of whatever is left on the rims. after that depending on the look your after for a finished product a fine brisled brass wire brush on a dril will smooth out the pitting but dont push too hard. pick out your paints do any taping you want if you plan to retain the 2 tone colors then throw on some clear coat. i wasn't involved in removing the clear off a set lf aluminum rims but thats supposedly what they did to remove the clear coat. the rest is what i did to finish up but i only did a single color. came out pretty good. use some rubbing alcohol or a damp rag inbetween steps to remove debris so you can see what your trying to clean. definitely before you start painting aswell.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14

Latest posts