Best way to create a two door Tahoe/Yukon with new components?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J

Jiggasaki

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ekstensive was out of my price range. We didn't get into hard numbers, but the ballpark estimates we discussed were more than I could spend. Interestingly, they said that chopping a surburban (25k-30k) would be relatively a lot cheaper than buying a 2 door and doing all the custom metal fabrication work needed to make new parts fit (estimated 80k!).

Called some other shops and they were pretty expensive too (alot of them work on Ferraris, etc, so cater to that market). I'll try some cheaper shops, but its looking like the body work just wouldn't be worth it. May still buy a 2-door and do the engine swap + add some after market comforts.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Realistically there would be a bunch of materials but the labor costs would be astronomical. Not saying you did but I hope you didn't base some money assumptions off of watching 1 hour shows like "Iron Resurrection". Custom work will require custom prices. Yes, do a search for a no rust 2 door and then go to town on it. You can also change to newer looks a little at a time over a 5-7 year period.

Ben Gatewood

Reaction score
I'm still waiting for GM to build a 2DR Tahoe reboot like FORD did with the Bronco this year. That would be sick.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14