Best tires for ride quality 2 dr Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Gorilla72

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Okay so what are you running on your 2 doors that give the best ride quality? I understand a 16" tire usually only have LoadRANGE E tires & I'm curious to know if the 2 dr needs and "E" tire.
How's the ride if you're running a "E" tire and did you air down any?

Last edited:

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is a stab in the dark but I don’t think most are too worried about the load rating even with towing. Try looking in the forum for your rig there should be quite a bit of tire talk.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you are looking for a set of tires with great ride quality, I recommend that you check out the Michelin Defenders LTX M/S tires. They are pricey, but the ride quality is outstanding, and they are rated for 70,000 miles.

Sorry that I cannot help you out on your load range question, but others in this Forum should be able to chime in.

OP
OP
G

Gorilla72

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Im swapping over from a Jeep Wrangler and always had to deal with Load Range issues so its burned into my thoughts about "load range" An e rated tire is pretty stiff for such a light wrangler. I avoided them. I had 16" wheels for the jeep and noticed the tahoe is 16" as well. So I figured it may be the same issue but I know the tahoe is near 5k lbs which got me wondering if an E rated tire would be still stiff?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518