Best street tires for 2017 Tahoe LT?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

TahoeFL2017

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thinking about just replacing the Michelin Defenders, unless anyone suggests otherwise?

Stock aluminum 18" wheels, 4x4, but it's mostly city and highway trips to Georgia, only off road action is light sand if I go to the beaches around Tampa Bay. No towing involved whatsoever.

Any recommendations for best, quietest, softest street tires?

I like to lock on to 90 mph and haul ass in comfort, if we take a road trip

ANY and ALL REPLIES appreciated!!!

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How many miles on your truck? Are you happy with how the current tires have performed?

Many people have many different opinions on tires. This might be something you want to look at Consumer Reports for.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thinking about just replacing the Michelin Defenders, unless anyone suggests otherwise?

Stock aluminum 18" wheels, 4x4, but it's mostly city and highway trips to Georgia, only off road action is light sand if I go to the beaches around Tampa Bay. No towing involved whatsoever.

Any recommendations for best, quietest, softest street tires?

I like to lock on to 90 mph and haul ass in comfort, if we take a road trip

ANY and ALL REPLIES appreciated!!!

Don't think there's really anything better than those Defenders Rick. Put the Defenders up for a comparison with the Duelers and compare user reviews over traction, noise, wear, etc.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Stay with the Defenders, as they are about the best tire that you can buy for the type of driving that you do.

How many miles did you get out of your current Defenders?