Best source to buy tow hooks and lower molding for GMC Yukon?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Adding front tow hooks and the appropriate lower molding is on my list of "mods" that I want to accomplish.

In another thread I saw someone post up the part numbers/SKU.

I check around and gmpartsdirect.com has tow hooks available for $58.92 and the lower molding for $44.34. The only issue is that shipping is some absurd amount around $45. I called my local Chevrolet dealership a few moments ago and their prices were almost exactly double. I believe it was something around $118 for the tow hooks and $85 for the lower molding.

I asked if they would price match, he said no way as they couldn't even buy them for the price that GM Parts Direct was selling them for.

Are there any other alternatives for these tow hooks and lower molding as OEM parts?

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Adding front tow hooks and the appropriate lower molding is on my list of "mods" that I want to accomplish.

In another thread I saw someone post up the part numbers/SKU.

I check around and gmpartsdirect.com has tow hooks available for $58.92 and the lower molding for $44.34. The only issue is that shipping is some absurd amount around $45. I called my local Chevrolet dealership a few moments ago and their prices were almost exactly double. I believe it was something around $118 for the tow hooks and $85 for the lower molding.

I asked if they would price match, he said no way as they couldn't even buy them for the price that GM Parts Direct was selling them for.

Are there any other alternatives for these tow hooks and lower molding as OEM parts?

Pay the shipping. Ebay and some of the other GM Parts websites might save you a couple of bucks.

OP
OP
BlaineBug

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Pay the shipping. Ebay and some of the other GM Parts websites might save you a couple of bucks.

Funny enough, GMPartsDirect was selling the hooks for $59.99 on eBay with free shipping, and I got the lower molding from carpartswholesale for $49.38, also with free shipping.

$117.03 with tax. Satisfied.

I'm not sure where some of these websites get their shipping calculations at. I know shipping is high but then when they sell on ebay for nearly the same price it's magically free? I can't figure it out.

I told my local dealer I'd really like to give them the business instead but not if they won't match.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Funny enough, GMPartsDirect was selling the hooks for $59.99 on eBay with free shipping, and I got the lower molding from carpartswholesale for $49.38, also with free shipping.

$117.03 with tax. Satisfied.

I'm not sure where some of these websites get their shipping calculations at. I know shipping is high but then when they sell on ebay for nearly the same price it's magically free? I can't figure it out.

I told my local dealer I'd really like to give them the business instead but not if they won't match.

Me neither, I just keep looking until I see a price I'm willing to pay!

I want a new bumper cover. GMPartsDirect is under $300 plus about $250 for shipping. Someone selling them on Amazon for $444 delivered. Local dealer wants $490 plus tax. If GMPD will let me pick up from then, it just might be worth the 1400 mile round trip to pick that up and some other stuff, like new OE headlights, those things have skyrocketed in cost!

OP
OP
BlaineBug

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Me neither, I just keep looking until I see a price I'm willing to pay!

I want a new bumper cover. GMPartsDirect is under $300 plus about $250 for shipping. Someone selling them on Amazon for $444 delivered. Local dealer wants $490 plus tax. If GMPD will let me pick up from then, it just might be worth the 1400 mile round trip to pick that up and some other stuff, like new OE headlights, those things have skyrocketed in cost!

You might try negotiating the dealer. When I called this morning he said that they did "not always" price match. Say it wasn't a huge difference, unlike what my price match would be.

Ask them to beat $444. Only maybe a $50 difference for them.

What year are we talking about here?

2015-2020.

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
Have you tried SummitRacing? Or CarId.com? 1AAuto?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts