Full Access Member
- Feb 17, 2023
- Reaction score
You asked:I would suggest you list them here in bullet form. But its up to you...
“At 166k, the trans is coming out sooner rather than later.
That said, what exactly is it doing?
1. Does take off feel normal or does it feel like you have a significant loss of power/no power?
2. Is the 1-2 shift overly late / harsh?
3. What about the feel of the rest of the upshifts?
4. How about downshifts - are they 'normal' or do they also feel overly harsh or overly soft?
5. Is your check engine light on?”
1. The gas pedal feels like a brick when taking off, power feels normal in 1st and 2nd for a 3 ton SUV, power loss seems to be in over drive when, for example; if im driving on the highway and I need to pass someone it feels like it Boggs sometimes when I need the power to pass , and sometimes I can floor it no issues. It’s like it depends on the speed or what gear I’m in when I do press down a little more to get more power (again the pedal is really stiff) can’t tell if it’s power loss with the pedal being so mushy and stiff or if it’s the throttle itself (which is electronic?) when I’m taking off from stop, I really have to press the pedal in more to go.
2.yes, the especially 1st gear, It feels like it will dump and then like lurch a little (not too noticeable) in 1st to 2nd.
The car sounds like a big fan/turbine whining, only in 1st gear and some of 2nd and then it quiets down. Which I presume is the transmission or the exhaust leak I apparently have… and the shifts are late and slipping it feels like sometimes, especially in the winter. The fluid was replaced at 165k. 3 mechanics said it felt normal when riding and driving.
3. 3rd to 6th gear feel normal in terms of shifting. Except for the potential power issue I explained I was having at higher speeds. It will also sometimes shift late when Just cruising in 1st, like it will ride at 2k until I press down a little more and then it will go to 2nd.
4. When coming to a stop sign, perhaps sometimes I feel one of the downshifts. Rarely though this has happened and it’s really light. Tbh it could have been a bump I felt. Maybe not.
5. No check engine light.
Edit: I did mention I had the rear propshaft speed sensor code one time.
As of 6/2/23 this morning when I drove off to the gym 2-3 gear kinda jerked or banged. I only felt this once before in all of owning this and then once this morning. But it was right when I started it up and drove away, trans was at 86°F. I remember you said there’s a tsb for the wiring harness or something and it has to be warm to shift right or something?