Best insurance company for Tahoe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
My buddy just got keel hulled by GIECO on his 13 Chevy 2500 6.6L TD in Jan after 6 years of coverage. They denied covering his commercial truck shell and insisted on using parts from a scrapper.

He had a break in on the back seat window of the double cab, they pinched a $4k laser level and broke the locks and hardware of the fiberglass shell. The shell mfgr totalled the shell. He found out the hard way he’s screwed on the laser level. Per his policy he’s covered on everything else but they are literally breaching their policy and covering about 55% of the claim.

This seems to be an act of simply trying stay alive by the Ins Co that do all the heavy advertising on TV. Whoever you get for insurance meet w/ your agent and have them circle the portions of the actual policy that shows where you’re covered on what you think your paying for.

If they can’t spell out your policy allows you to choose new parts, get coverage for an alike vehicle during repairs or something as simple as the shell on the back is fully covered, look elsewhere, get coverage and dump your carrier. Several Ins Co may go out of buss in the future due to the losses they took in the fires of CA. Those Ins Co’s are currently going after Pacific Gas & Electric (PG&E) to recover their damages. PG&E was found guilty of causing some of the fires from neglect of maintaining the power lines.

PG&E just claimed BKY 2 weeks ago so the Ins Co won’t put them out of business. The Ins Co’s are going full cowboy and denying anything for any reason right now. Notice how GIECO is doing “The Best of” their multi million dollar TV commercials now. They don’t have the money to produce new commercials. It would seem Progressive is going out on a limb and advertising more.

f1aaaecd4e6aa01a2c7352a8816db60b.gif

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bottomline2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've been with USAA since 1990 and have no complaints.

Bigger picture: a bunch of strangers on the internet cannot fairly compare their insurance premiums, simply because premiums are highly dependent on personal factors including nature and extent of coverage, miles driven per year, family profile, credit scores, etc.

You've got to do your own insurance shopping and your own analysis based on your own review & comparison of insurers; otherwise, you're fooling yourself into believing you're paying a lot more than, or less than, Bob Smith.
This^^^^..it's going to hard to get a fair comparison..multi policy options, age, driving record, insurance history, credit as well as the area u reside. I pay less for full coverage/ow deductible than most pay for liability with State Farm. Just have to shop around.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-T377A using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts