Best home garage lift for Tahoe (and your other cars)!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I like the Quick Jack..... In a home garage.....

I installed a more commercial version of the Max Jack style in a 'Vette shop...
We drilled down to below / under the concrete for mounting hardware that held from under the concrete.
No way that will move!! And no need for a beam.

Plus, a Vette, does not weigh near as much as a Tahoe or Yukon.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
The QuickJack is how I am going because I want to be more mobile with it all. Out in the sun on a nice day or under the car port when it rains here in the PNW. Plus, can take to a friends place if needed. The one I have my eye on is the 7000 pound lift set up with extensions and adaptors. All of that allows for approx 6-8 inches more height than just the lift itself.

As far as getting the rear axle up higher, because of suspension travel, that is what a floor jack and jack stands are for while on the QuickJack.

mountie

Supporting Member
Reaction score
If ( BIG if ) I was having a home built... The garage is my favorite room. ( No sh*t )....

I'd have a pit installed w/ a sliding steel cover. Then the movable 24" lift that spans the pit opening...

THAT'S what I'd like to do !!

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
A MAN GARAGE instead of a MAN CAVE. I could set up a twin bed and a microwave and a dorm fridge and a big screen and have heater and a/c piped in with a separate entrance/exit and be just fine with that. Don't forget the doggie door. Might have to pay the wife/girlfriend to wash clothes and allow for a bathroom visit and shower and would be very happy. :chewie:

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
A MAN GARAGE instead of a MAN CAVE. I could set up a twin bed and a microwave and a dorm fridge and a big screen and have heater and a/c piped in with a separate entrance/exit and be just fine with that. Don't forget the doggie door. Might have to pay the wife/girlfriend to wash clothes and allow for a bathroom visit and shower and would be very happy. :chewie:
3/4 bath would be nice. Toilet, sink and shower.

Reaction score
My garage used to have a pit on one side. Previous owner was a mechanic at a local Ford dealer and did oil changes, brakes, tune-ups, etc at home on the side.

He filled it in when they put the house up for sale. You can see the difference in concrete. I wish I had looked at the house before he did it though, I would've had him leave it.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
My garage used to have a pit on one side. Previous owner was a mechanic at a local Ford dealer and did oil changes, brakes, tune-ups, etc at home on the side.

He filled it in when they put the house up for sale. You can see the difference in concrete. I wish I had looked at the house before he did it though, I would've had him leave it.
If it had a pit, I’m willing to bet he just filled in the pit without removing the walls or floor. Might consider cutting out the new concrete and digging out the hole.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Goodlife_chevy