Best backup camera install

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
I would like to give a big thanks to James for this DIY and for letting me contribute to his post. I hope this DIY can help anyone else wanting to do this mod. The details I added are high level and can get you thru the mod. The hardest or most challenging step is trying to get the camera aligned (just like James mention on post 40).

SteveB

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess I will have to add this to my mod list

OP
OP
Crippin87

Crippin87

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would like to give a big thanks to James for this DIY and for letting me contribute to his post. I hope this DIY can help anyone else wanting to do this mod. The details I added are high level and can get you thru the mod. The hardest or most challenging step is trying to get the camera aligned (just like James mention on post 40).
That’s awesome and looks great! I have made up several of these and have never came across one like yours lol. Thanks for taking the time to take pics and add the details from yours!

03tahoe03

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I just installed this in my Tahoe but I was wondering how you all made it lock again. I was assuming the electric lock would work but when I shut everything the glass hatch doesn’t lock anymore. Anyone find a way around this or do you just not use the glass hatch anymore?

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
If you did it correctly everything should work as it did before. You must have did something wrong, did you connect everything back up? Can you post a picture of the interior of the hatch exposing the lock mechanism.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu