Best air compressor for truck work?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
J

jyi786

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Update: brakes done.

The key? It was indeed the 18" flex head ratchet. Breaking the caliper bracket bolts loose was EASY. I'm not saying they weren't tight; they were indeed frozen shut and with Loctite, also not to mention I did the work in 25 degree weather. What I'm saying is that I was surprised how easy it was compared to using a 12" ratchet, which is what I used on my Impala. I tried with the old ratchet as well, and taking off a caliper bolt on the truck was literally impossible. Switched back to the 18" ratchet, easy peasy. Got everything replaced and speced wtih the proper torque settings for caliper bracket, caliper pins, and wheels.

So now I have all new Akebono ceramic pads and Centric cryo-treated rotors. Took it for a spin to get them broken in, and man oh man, I've never felt such stopping power before. It's amazing.

The most difficult thing by far doing the brake job was lifting up the wheels. Those things are heavy. :D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jkavros