Best aftermarket tail light options with Barn Doors?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

01Burb713

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys I’m new to the group and I had a few questions that I hoped you may be able to help with. I have a 2001 suburban and i’m looking to make ol girl look a little nicer and more up to date (but not ricey!) Ive been looking at replacing the stock tail lights and headlights with something a little more modern looking, problem is I have barn doors (not a problem I love my barn doors) and can’t seem to find a set that work with barn doors. I’m looking for something like these below, I like a black housing with leds that look more modern. Any options or recommendations you guys know of? TIA!

4C63EEB5-8F13-47C7-B5E6-C6458520F464.jpeg 2B6B7687-A3F2-4E44-B259-72B6738E356A.jpeg

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Hey guys I’m new to the group and I had a few questions that I hoped you may be able to help with. I have a 2001 suburban and i’m looking to make ol girl look a little nicer and more up to date (but not ricey!) Ive been looking at replacing the stock tail lights and headlights with something a little more modern looking, problem is I have barn doors (not a problem I love my barn doors) and can’t seem to find a set that work with barn doors. I’m looking for something like these below, I like a black housing with leds that look more modern. Any options or recommendations you guys know of? TIA!

View attachment 276005 View attachment 276006
There was a member here who had barn doors on his Tahoe. He was having the same issue as you're having. His name was @Cattivo. Check out his build thread in the "Under Construction" section. He figured out all the lights needed was a very slight modification to make them work with his barn doors.

OP
OP
01Burb713

01Burb713

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
There was a member here who had barn doors on his Tahoe. He was having the same issue as you're having. His name was @Cattivo. Check out his build thread in the "Under Construction" section. He figured out all the lights needed was a very slight modification to make them work with his barn doors.
Thanks, how do I get to that exactly? I can’t seem to find that anywhere. Sorry I’m new...

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score

adventurenali92

Full Access Member
Reaction score

View attachment 276005 View attachment 276006
I have the second set of tails pictured, on my 2006 Denali. They’re a great tail light! Not sure if the brand but they’re well made component wise. Have had them for a little over two years. Besides a small chip into the plastic housing along the edge, from a moving mishap last November, They work great and have not had any electrical issues thus far. I had replaced with a different style tail light after the I chipped the lense, and several different brand and style housings later, these are the only tails that keep my cruise control functioning. So for now until I find a set that works properly with my cruise, these ones will stay on the truck, chipped housing and all. Lol

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Welcome to the Forum from NH.

Lots of knowledgeable folks here who freely share their knowledge, experiences, and perspectives. Knowledge is power.

I hope that you will become a participating member in the Forum's discussions.

Pics, please.

Adding @PNW VietVet to this thread, as he had a truck with barn doors. And, while he probably did not change the light housings on his truck, he may be able to offer some helpful perspective on barn doors trucks.

TxTaz

Reaction score
If your still looking, let me know. I just went through the whole search and learn. I have 2 sets of rears and ordering a set of C-Types to go with my new Halo Projectors fronts and projector fog lamps.
If you want a set of the rears, they are yours for the shipping. Or come by the Garage sale...LOL
Taz

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne