Best aftermarket alarm for the most stolen vehicle on the road.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Vector

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Needless to say the Escalade has had the dubious distinction of being the most stolen vehicle since 2003 for at least a decade.
I live in a city with a high incidence of auto/rim theft, and would like to add an aftermarket alarm that interfaces with the factory alarm to help deter all but the most determined thieves.

My thoughts are to go with a Viper alarm, as I have had good luck with them in the past. I will add a GPS based module from Omega to whatever alarm I put in;

http://www.omegagps.com/products.html

Along with a perimeter module to help keep the rims from being stolen;

https://www.ebay.com/itm/DEI-508D-D...112663700814?_trksid=p2385738.m4383.l4275.c10

My question is what alarms do you'll have(and accessories), and do you have your alarm run of the factory key fob, or the alarms?

TIA

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
viper with cellular module, gps module, tilt sensor, glass sensor, it comes with a impact sensor already, there are always going to be ways to bypass an alarm even something as simple as cutting the ground or power by reaching from under the truck or inside from wheel well, you can cut the hood pin harness right in front of the grill and pop the hood and do what you need to, If I really wanted to get into my truck without triggering the alarm I could without a lot of difficulty.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Big dogs and gun stickers. Nobody gets onto our property without the hounds knowing and alerting us. Course, that means little sitting in a shopping center parking lot! I've one of those blue parking tags so I reckon that helps to deter thieves, being right up front in the parking lots. I am thinking of adding the tilt sensor from GM though.

LISS1975

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
in the car already there is a part of the incorporated security functions. in it there is a perimeter security for opening doors and hood, there is a volume sensor and there is a sound siren. In addition, it is possible to put a block with a built-in immobilizer, impact and movement sensor with built-in gps, cdma and gsm which can be connected via can bus. this will allow the unit to receive information from the factory sensors of the car, as well as activate the alarm system (sound signal). this unit will track its own by a digital tag and it can be connected to a mobile phone or to the monitoring company's console which in case of alarm will be sent to the police. since now there are devices with jamming the gps signal and cellular communication, it makes sense to put an additional search unit that will wake up 1-2 per day and send the coordinates of the car to the owner. because the rest of the time he will sleep, find it a special device will be very difficult and it will be a surprise for the intruders.

OP
OP
V

Vector

Full Access Member
Reaction score
viper with cellular module, gps module, tilt sensor, glass sensor, it comes with a impact sensor already, there are always going to be ways to bypass an alarm even something as simple as cutting the ground or power by reaching from under the truck or inside from wheel well, you can cut the hood pin harness right in front of the grill and pop the hood and do what you need to, If I really wanted to get into my truck without triggering the alarm I could without a lot of difficulty.

I agree with you on the fact it can be stolen by a determined/knowledgeable thief. Heck someone can just two it away, and unless you have a GPS tracker, they can strip it in the comfortThe perimeter system will deter most as they will set off the alarm prior to being able to stay near the truck long enough.
I though I read where the battery has some type of protection to where it is still connected to the factory alarm even if the main cable is cut?

I like the idea of a cellular module, but aren't those subscription based where you pay every month?

`

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I agree with you on the fact it can be stolen by a determined/knowledgeable thief. Heck someone can just two it away, and unless you have a GPS tracker, they can strip it in the comfortThe perimeter system will deter most as they will set off the alarm prior to being able to stay near the truck long enough.
I though I read where the battery has some type of protection to where it is still connected to the factory alarm even if the main cable is cut?

I like the idea of a cellular module, but aren't those subscription based where you pay every month?

`
the smartstart cellular service is a annual contract it's not bad less than $150 (I think) or it's close to that anyway a simple google search will say for sure, the factory alarm is always still connected and working unless you specifically have it disabled which would probably be a major pain to do. disconnecting the power would just prevent the alarm/horn from sounding is all.

08HoeCD

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At the end of the day, I'd drive a less desirable vehicle, garage it or relocate. All the other stuff is noise and won't stop a determined thief.

OP
OP
V

Vector

Full Access Member
Reaction score
in the car already there is a part of the incorporated security functions. in it there is a perimeter security for opening doors and hood, there is a volume sensor and there is a sound siren. In addition, it is possible to put a block with a built-in immobilizer, impact and movement sensor with built-in gps, cdma and gsm which can be connected via can bus. this will allow the unit to receive information from the factory sensors of the car, as well as activate the alarm system (sound signal). this unit will track its own by a digital tag and it can be connected to a mobile phone or to the monitoring company's console which in case of alarm will be sent to the police. since now there are devices with jamming the gps signal and cellular communication, it makes sense to put an additional search unit that will wake up 1-2 per day and send the coordinates of the car to the owner. because the rest of the time he will sleep, find it a special device will be very difficult and it will be a surprise for the intruders.

You do not mean perimeter security like this do you?

`

exninja

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
^Those proximity detectors are so annoying. If you want to be THAT guy, by all means.

IMHO, alarms are useless. I had an Integra, which was also on the top of those lists. The only reason I still had my car at the end was the transponder car key (previous years of the car didn't have that so they were much easier to steal). It was broken into three times, alarm didn't help any of those times.

First time they clipped the alarm power and destroyed the steering column trying to start it.
Second they just took stuff inside.
Third they actually took the car down the street. I have no idea how they moved it, but I think they used a car because the rear bumper had paint missing.
I didn't hear the alarm any of those times, and I had an alarm on the key fob for the last two.

Tozan

Overlander
Reaction score
Add and extra phone to your family plan with tracking... Wire the charger into the harness and put the phone into the compartment with the spare tire tools. If it gets stolen track the cell phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne