Best A/T tire for Denali

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OilfieldTrash78

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When I bought my '16 Denali (used), the dealership had put on new Goodyear Wranglers on the factory 20" Denali wheels. I am going to upgrade wheels to something a bit wider once I level the truck, and want to know what A/T tires give the best overall performance? I want something that works well for light offroading, but isn't too loud on the highway. I have been looking at the Nitto Ridge Grapplers, and Terra Grappler G2's. So, any input from you guys is appreciated. Also, and wheel input would be appreciated....I want to stick with 20", black, or black/chrome.

Thanks

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
When I bought my '16 Denali (used), the dealership had put on new Goodyear Wranglers on the factory 20" Denali wheels. I am going to upgrade wheels to something a bit wider once I level the truck, and want to know what A/T tires give the best overall performance? I want something that works well for light offroading, but isn't too loud on the highway. I have been looking at the Nitto Ridge Grapplers, and Terra Grappler G2's. So, any input from you guys is appreciated. Also, and wheel input would be appreciated....I want to stick with 20", black, or black/chrome.

Thanks

The nittos are definitely contenders. Look at the BFG KO2. Also some really stellar reviews on the Cooper AT3, especially for the price. Some guys are loyal to the Goodyear Duratracs, too. Falken wild peak is also an option, as is the general AT2.

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The nittos are definitely contenders. Look at the BFG KO2. Also some really stellar reviews on the Cooper AT3, especially for the price. Some guys are loyal to the Goodyear Duratracs, too. Falken wild peak is also an option, as is the general AT2.

Yep, all of these are good a/t tires. I have heard very good reviews on the Falkens, too. My buddy put them on his wifes ‘17 burb and they are phenomenal, especially considering the price (one issue with those, though, is they are not available in 22’s).

Along with the nittos, do not leave out the toyo at2 either, they are a great tire.

We just put the nitto terra graps on my wifes denali. Balanced well and roll down the highway nice. Quite a bit more audible than the stock tires, but certainly nothing annoying. Something tells me, though, that after 20k miles or so and some wear/cupping they are gonna get quite noisy. They are much more aggressive looking in person than pics relay.

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Here are mickey thompson atz’s, which are a bit more of an aggressive a/t hybrid type tire.

45E75D54-088D-470E-BFBF-757501A99B5F.jpeg EABFEC5D-3CDC-4D39-9760-58EAF04C5FF8.jpeg E7E3EE15-B8D7-442F-9FDC-505EB9A9A8B1.jpeg

Shaw520

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Cooper AT3's saved my ASS the other day,... some little *** crap slammed his breaks on in front of me on wet roads,.... I could not believe how those Cooper's grabbed the wet road and did not skip a beat. whew,..stopped way faster then I would have expected.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
My Cooper AT3's saved my ASS the other day,... some little *** crap slammed his breaks on in front of me on wet roads,.... I could not believe how those Cooper's grabbed the wet road and did not skip a beat. whew,..stopped way faster then I would have expected.

Good to hear. When it comes to bang for the buck I have seen nothing but absolute praise for the coopers.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For "light off-roading" you can probably run a highway tire use the 4WD when needed to go where you want to.

I chose BFG KO2s for mine.

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What lift do you have on your Denali?

I put a 1.5” leveling kit on it.

The pic of that black Denali is one I saw at a local offroad type shop. Its a BDS kit with a large spacer over the factory strut. I think it was a 4” kit, but not positive.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rjhorst14