Best ‘beefy’ tires for mostly on-road driving

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
C

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No idea, they were new when I got the vehicle but I put the exact same tires on my old Sierra, my old Silverado, my blazer.....etc.

Used to run duratracs but those got loud after like 20k miles.

Yeah. Kinda what I figured.

Either way. Glad you like them. They look great.

Anthony Zielinski

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Nothing is really wrong with the Hankooks. I had multiple sets of Terra Grapplers over the last decade and they never disappointed. The ridge grapplers are more aggressive looking and I would have bought them originally but the size wasn’t out yet.

OP
OP
C

cardude2000

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those playing along at home, I called the tire place with a rebate question and asked about the p vs lt. He said that this size tire doesn’t carry the p or lt marking. He’s not sure why Michelin does that but probably for some marketing reason. On their website it also shows the 275 size being one of the only LTX’s that doesn’t label it.

He said that it is a 4 ply P rated tire though and that manufacturers are ONLY required to label a tire with LT if it is a 6 ply/lt tire.

Last edited:

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
For those playing along at home, I called the tire place with a rebate question and asked about the p vs lt. He said that this size tire doesn’t carry the p or lt marking. He’s not sure why Michelin does that but probably for some marketing reason. On their website it also shows the 255 size being one of the only LTX’s that doesn’t label it.

He said that it is a 4 ply P rated tire though and that manufacturers are ONLY required to label a tire with LT if it is a 6 ply/lt tire.

Whyd you go 255?

dnt1010

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Started out quiet and smooth but there is a BIG difference after 15,000 miles on these LT275 55 R20 Nitto EXO Grappler AWT tires. Great looking tires but these things howl like wild dogs at highway speed! I think that is probably pretty common for aggressive tread tires after they get several thousand miles on them. Excuse the dirt on the 10 x 20 Mayhem Hatchets it seems to rain here everyday LOL

IMG_6568.jpg IMG_6569.jpg IMG_6570.jpg

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For those playing along at home, I called the tire place with a rebate question and asked about the p vs lt. He said that this size tire doesn’t carry the p or lt marking. He’s not sure why Michelin does that but probably for some marketing reason. On their website it also shows the 275 size being one of the only LTX’s that doesn’t label it.

That tire in 275-55-20 is not offered in an LT rating, P-Metric only.

For the record, this is the Michelin LTX A/T2 in the aforementioned size, part number 21011, right?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MyCleftNut

Latest posts