Belltech Spring Height @ Ride Height

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ulakovic22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was hoping to get some help from someone who has installed the rear drop on their vehicle. I wanted to see what the distance was between the mounting points at ride height. If you have a picture and can also indicate if you have the spacer that would be great. 2"/4" or 3"/5" should get me close enough to what I'm looking for. Thanks in advance!

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The mounting points for the shocks? Or, for the spring seats? If for the spring seats, where do you want the measurements from, the points in the seat farthest apart, as in, outside to outside length of a seated spring?

OP
OP
U

ulakovic22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The springs farthest apart where the spring meets the pocket and where the spring meets the perch or seat. Looking at replacing the spring with a bag and wanted something to gauge with. From what I've read and heard it's the width that's going to be an issue, but if I know a compressed Belltech spring is say 8" then I can work with that and start doing the math on plates and cups or whatever to fit a sleeved bag that will ride between say 5-7". Dominators run between 6-8" at ride height but they are going to be too fat and depending on the distance between the body and perch with a Belltech at ride height, it might not even fit with plates and cups.

dbbd1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
9-1/2" is what I get, with a 2" drop, including shock relocators.

Staying tuned, I'm curious what you come up with.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Replacing springs with bags? You don't need both springs and bags so that's what I'm thinking you're doing. Slam 7"s are 7" diameter or Slam 8's are 8" diameter.

OP
OP
U

ulakovic22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My driver's side rear fender lip is at 37.5" and I'm getting just over 12" from pocket to perch and the spring seems pretty close to 6" in diameter and it's pretty tight next to the frame rail.

OP
OP
U

ulakovic22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Correct, springs with bags, just trying to get an idea of what bag I needed to look for if I wanted my ride height to be the same as a Belltech 4" or 5" drop.

OP
OP
U

ulakovic22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Replacing springs with bags? You don't need both springs and bags so that's what I'm thinking you're doing. Slam 7"s are 7" diameter or Slam 8's are 8" diameter.

Correct, springs with bags, just trying to get an idea of what bag I needed to look for if I wanted my ride height to be the same as a Belltech 4" or 5" drop.

Springs WITH bags or just bags instead of springs?

Finally getting the hang of the multi-quote function :)

I am hoping to replace the rear springs with bags and after doing some measuring it looks like the only real drop in replacement is going to be a sleeved bag similar to the one from RideTech.

https://www.ridetech.com/products/components/air-springs/air-spring-1700lb.-rear-rolling-sleeve/

I'm not too sure on the 8.5" designed ride height though, which is why I wanted some help from those who have already lowered theirs. 8.5" seems close but if I wanted to go shorter I can't unless I get the bag off the axle or deepen the pocket. I think something between 6-7" would be best.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's more than the springs/bags/ "pocket" to deal with if you want to go lower than you can with springs since your axle will hit the frame during suspension travel. You'd need a c-notch in the frame at the minimum, then you're talking tubs for the wheels, a narrowed rear end, etc. What are your goals- better ride or are you wanting height/ stiffness adjustment or to just go lower?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hdheffel01