Belltech spindles not 2"???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
do people use the rear lower control arm relocation bracket like the ones from djm on these newer suvs?

I don't see why not. I thought the suspensions were essentially identical so what applies to one would apply to the other.

OP
OP
K

KennyK

Reaction score
I don't see why not. I thought the suspensions were essentially identical so what applies to one would apply to the other.
I guess the question is, is it needed for a 4.5-5" drop on these?

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2015 GMC Yukon Denali XL. I only got 1-1/4” out of my front Belltech 2” drop spindles as well.

These drop spindles are stamped and/or molded spindles. They should be pretty identical.

Tony has posted numerous times that for some reason with the K2XX they have used at least (3) different spring rates. I think that has more to do with the inconsistencies of the amount of drop the spindles provide from truck to truck.

OP
OP
K

KennyK

Reaction score
2015 GMC Yukon Denali XL. I only got 1-1/4” out of my front Belltech 2” drop spindles as well.

These drop spindles are stamped and/or molded spindles. They should be pretty identical.

Tony has posted numerous times that for some reason with the K2XX they have used at least (3) different spring rates. I think that has more to do with the inconsistencies of the amount of drop the spindles provide from truck to truck.
Idk what's going on but it sucks. Now I'm having to try and get the rest of the drop it of some drop struts, which I had a feeling I was gonna end up doing from the get go being my Yukon XL doesn't have autoride or anything

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Springs would have no affect on the net drop from the spindles. With springs, there's plenty of room for variations- Inconsistencies in spring manufacturing, equipment on board that would vary the weight of the vehicle, age of the springs, etc.

Spindles are a "hard" part. They could be viewed the same as setting your vehicle's frame on jack stands. If you set the height from the floor to the pad of the jack stand at 12", then your frame will be 12" from the floor. Not some range of 10 1/2" - 11 1/2", etc. These spindles are made in such a way that you net a set amount of 1.25" (or 1.5"- maybe it depends on who's measuring) drop.

Is the mounting location for the hub only 1.25" higher instead of 2"?

Is the hub mounting location actually 2" higher but something else in the design of the spindle is negating 3/4" of that? Maybe the tapered hole that accepts the lower ball joint stud isn't drilled as deeply as on the stock spindle?

Monz11

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, so I'm investigating the DROP. I have auto ride/leveling suspension if I drop, can I still maintain these comforts or do I lose them all together?

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, so I'm investigating the DROP. I have auto ride/leveling suspension if I drop, can I still maintain these comforts or do I lose them all together?

i assume you have a '15 - '20, but your sig shows a '12

for the '15-'20, yes you can maintain autoride when lowering rear w/ the right kit.
for front w/ the spindles in question in this thread... i maintained my magride in front for mine.

hit up Norcal SS (Tony) & he can set you right.

im sure Tony has kits for the '12 too, if that is what you have.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442