Belltech spindles not 2"???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
there have been other users reporting full 2" not seen in past.

OP
OP
K

KennyK

Reaction score
Did you measure immediately after lowering or did you drive for a bit to settle everything? Yes, the proper/accurate way is to measure from the fender to the hub.
measured after moving around the yard some then again once i drove it home.

olyelr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Measuring from the ground up, on the same vehicle with the same tires/wheels kept at the same air pressure, should not have much of a variance in overall height at all. However, it is indeed more accurate to measure to the center if the hub (especially when comparing vehicles).

Sounds kind of like a copout from Belltech. Although they are indeed correct, your measurements should not have been swayed much as long as you did not change wheels and tires or air pressure.

OP
OP
K

KennyK

Reaction score
Measuring from the ground up, on the same vehicle with the same tires/wheels kept at the same air pressure, should not have much of a variance in overall height at all. However, it is indeed more accurate to measure to the center if the hub (especially when comparing vehicles).

Sounds kind of like a copout from Belltech. Although they are indeed correct, your measurements should not have been swayed much as long as you did not change wheels and tires or air pressure.
That's what I was thinking. What's crazy is I usually do measure from center is the hub to fender but for some reason I decided not to because I mostly see people's measurements on this forum from the ground up and I wanted to compare them

OP
OP
K

KennyK

Reaction score
How it's sitting right now. Got some struts on the way to get the front down a lil more

IMG_20200418_183915.jpg

Danyi2170

Full Access Member
Reaction score
It's 4.5 but it's actually sitting a lil lower
Looks really good. What size tires are on those rims? Any rubbing issues? I’m doing a front spindle drop soon. Hope I get the 2” drop. It’s a McGaughys spindle with upper control arms.

OP
OP
K

KennyK

Reaction score
Looks really good. What size tires are on those rims? Any rubbing issues? I’m doing a front spindle drop soon. Hope I get the 2” drop. It’s a McGaughys spindle with upper control arms.
305/35. It was rubbing a little at the rear bottom part of the liner. I pulled the liner back and gently persuaded the fender back and then added another torx screw to pull the liner back

OP
OP
K

KennyK

Reaction score
do people use the rear lower control arm relocation bracket like the ones from djm on these newer suvs?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rickyrick63