Belltech spindles not 2"???

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

KennyK

Reaction score
I installed the belltech 1019 kit and the front is still up

anyone else only got 1-1/4" drop out of the belltech spindles?

Last edited:

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I installed the belltech 1019 kit and the front is still up

anyone else only got 1-1/4" drop out of the belltech spindles?

I feel ya, bro. I was hugely disappointed when I got ~1.25-1.5" (I forget which) out of my McGaughy spindles. Apparently, in the 20 years these spindles have been being installed, you and I are about the only ones that have ever measured their net drop from them. I, and thousands of others, got exactly 2" out of the BT spindles put on S-series trucks. It's something with the full size GMT800 or GMT900 and newer.

OP
OP
K

KennyK

Reaction score
I feel ya, bro. I was hugely disappointed when I got ~1.25-1.5" (I forget which) out of my McGaughy spindles. Apparently, in the 20 years these spindles have been being installed, you and I are about the only ones that have ever measured their net drop from them. I, and thousands of others, got exactly 2" out of the BT spindles put on S-series trucks. It's something with the full size GMT800 or GMT900 and newer.

was wondering if this is a common issue or just me.
its crazy cause stuff like this always seems to happen to me

now im stuck trying to decide do i raise the back that is sitting almost at 5" or get some struts to drop the front some more

BADRIDES

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Mcgaughy spindles dropped my 02 Tahoe 2 inches on the dot.

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i got 1.75 out of mine from Norcal SS

OP
OP
K

KennyK

Reaction score
Bell tech told me
being I measured from the ground to the fender and not from the center of the hub to the fender that it's a inaccurate before and after measurement and they can't help me

Also said I might've got the 2" but just didn't measure right

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you measure immediately after lowering or did you drive for a bit to settle everything? Yes, the proper/accurate way is to measure from the fender to the hub.