Belltech - sent me used, uninstallable parts!!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did just that but it was Christmas Eve and no one was answering the phones.

Once I cooled down a bit I took a closer look at the galling hoping I could clean it up. Most of it just flaked out with a small screwdriver and the rest came off with some light sanding with 220 wet and dry. I've got an appointment to get the alignment done at 2:30 today.

Post up some pics when you get back!

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
I think the thing that bothers me most here, is the fact I could have gotten the kit for $200 less on Amazon. But, I went to the source which cost me more in price and shipping along with a 7 day delivery. I would expect returns to be inspected and something like this not to be resold as new.

And that is exactly what you should say to them when you call them. They need to be "put on front street" about all this.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I did just that but it was Christmas Eve and no one was answering the phones.

Once I cooled down a bit I took a closer look at the galling hoping I could clean it up. Most of it just flaked out with a small screwdriver and the rest came off with some light sanding with 220 wet and dry. I've got an appointment to get the alignment done at 2:30 today.

If you were able to remove flakes with a screwdriver, that doesn’t sound like galling. It is likely a result of their manufacturing process that didn’t get cleaned up after making the part. Many times they will run a sizing bar through the bore after machining to do a final sizing of the bore and do some localized work hardening of the bore. The grease you are seeing is also likely rust preventative that they use to fight surface rust.

I think you got a product of poor quality inspection and not a used one.

OP
OP
Cantrepeat

Cantrepeat

Reaction score
Possibly. But I'm no happier with them.

This is with the drop knuckles and the rear springs with the 1 inch spacer installed.

belltech3.jpg

I'm pretty over the top with @hcvone rims on his Callaway but I'm not sure how they would look on a white Tahoe.

https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/tahoe-rst-brembo-brakes-upgrade.115624/page-2#post-1396744

OP
OP
Cantrepeat

Cantrepeat

Reaction score
Got an email from BellTech.

-------------------------------------------------
Hello Tim,

Your information was forwarded to me for review. First I want to apologize on behalf of our production and warehouse teams. This is not normal for us to send out products that may have been used. Somehow this one got passed us and was packaged up in your 1019 kit.

I would like to send you a new set of 2514 spindles ASAP.

Also I would like to send you a Belltech shirt and hat as a sign of our apologies, please tell me the shirt size you would like.

-----------------------------------------------

Not sure what I'll do with the other set of knuckles. Probably pass them on to another Tahoe owner for a good deal. Something equal to my frustration level I guess.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
Instead of half hearted excuses he wants to make it right. What did he say when you told him you had already installed the other parts? I would hope he would make a price concession refund of some sort and longer parts warranty than normal.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
It sucks when the little time we have gets taken away from us because of logistics, holiday hours and part failures. Small companies can be literally put out of business with an unknown thrashing on a forum. Some businesses are just one guy giving the appearance and same quality product as somebody like Edelbrock.

I like the way you categorized the issues with the parts away from the time crunch we all can relate to these days. They’re related but also not related on the same coin. You did a solid MacGyver install, write up and set a standard for similar sucky situations.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reaction score
Maybe the parts were just "test fit" after manufacturing to make sure they were to spec?

Do they want the "used" parts returned? If not, you can make something off of them for your frustration and troubles.

Now go wear the free hat and shirt and provide free advertising for them.... Lol

2001 Yukon SLT
2012 Yukon Denali XL
2011 Yukon Denali RIP 5/20/18

Staggered 02

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry to hear, er read. Real bummer. I hope Bell Tech takes care of you. I know the feeling. I have been down that path many times. Because of these types of unfortunate scenarios, I now have quite an inventory of extra parts that I have been accumulating and using through the years.