Belltech isn't performing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nothing to roast you for! Really, I'm just glad you're getting somewhere and I'm very intrigued about what you have goin on. I wonder if the cables are routed differently on the K2xx than they are on the GT900. One wraps around the driver's side shock and, with shock extenders, it rubs the shock body a little since the extenders swing the shocks towards the back about two inches. I wonder if it's even tighter on your rig and it's tugging. I rerouted my cables slightly for more clearance and slack.

I don't know how this compares to yours, but I thought it'd be very similar. My cables are now routed above the sway bar but still below the axle. It only barely rubs the shock body, and maybe not at all when it's on the ground:

img_4927-jpg.235376

OP
OP
D

Dearmosd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
honestly the biggest amount of noise came from a bracket where two cables meet on frame rail near the driver side passenger door area. I think that might be were the main cable connects to the left/right cable that then go to each side of the axle. I will be investigating more when I get home and try to wrap any area of concern and test again.

Thank you for the help or at least the ability to vent my frustration

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
honestly the biggest amount of noise came from a bracket where two cables meet on frame rail near the driver side passenger door area. I think that might be were the main cable connects to the left/right cable that then go to each side of the axle. I will be investigating more when I get home and try to wrap any area of concern and test again.

Thank you for the help or at least the ability to vent my frustration

Sounds very similar to how mine is setup. Actually, that's where I unhooked the cables to re-route them. Something's not right. It's gotta be pulling on the cables, possibly partially engaging and disengaging the e-brake as the suspension cycles.

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
has there been a resolution to this noise ???

i am about to go belltech on a tahoe, but i think your noise is bushing squeak. far to many times, old bushings have worn a spot and now when the ride area is moved...NOISES !

let me know if you have fixed or found an issue.

OP
OP
D

Dearmosd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I do believe my noise was from the Emergency brake cable. After securing the hell out of the cable I dont hear my noise anymore

STORMIN08

Full Access Member
Reaction score
We ended up going with Maxtrac...2-4, spindle/spring combo.

Will post pics in a few weeks after install.
He resides in Dallas about 6 hrs away, it should arrive at my place, get inventoried...and plan a weekend trip.

Trides

Reaction score
has there been a resolution to this noise ???

i am about to go belltech on a tahoe, but i think your noise is bushing squeak. far to many times, old bushings have worn a spot and now when the ride area is moved...NOISES !

let me know if you have fixed or found an issue.

Installed Belltech 2/4 on 2018 last week with no squeaks

Twol8uluz

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Nothing to roast you for! Really, I'm just glad you're getting somewhere and I'm very intrigued about what you have goin on. I wonder if the cables are routed differently on the K2xx than they are on the GT900. One wraps around the driver's side shock and, with shock extenders, it rubs the shock body a little since the extenders swing the shocks towards the back about two inches. I wonder if it's even tighter on your rig and it's tugging. I rerouted my cables slightly for more clearance and slack.

I don't know how this compares to yours, but I thought it'd be very similar. My cables are now routed above the sway bar but still below the axle. It only barely rubs the shock body, and maybe not at all when it's on the ground:

img_4927-jpg.jpg
Just curious, I notice you have shock extenders on a non mag ride susp. I was under the impression that those were only for mag ride setups, (per a belltech rep). I was curious why the mag ride kit had them and the non didn't. Plz educate me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe

Latest posts