Before/ after

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

DIsney

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Nice work! My 2001 Yukon is a similar story. Bought off Ebay, said frame wasn't damaged. Frame was absolutely mutilated. Swapped body onto a 2WD frame and i'm currently fighting through those troubles (4WD body on 2WD chassis).

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
I got scammed on my first car i bought was a total lemon i spend like $6,000 in repairs on it in the 4 years i had it i gave up when the transmission went (I was able to get another 2,000 miles out of it after failure) it was a pain to drive that way but was able to... :(

i got screwed on a Tahoe XFE i bought (title issue)but was able to get my money back on it

I ended up with the hybrid Tahoe
the only work I had done on it was the map sensor and air filter which I did my self..
What's a Tahoe XFE?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What's a Tahoe XFE?
XtraFuelEconomy models which achieve a whopping extra 1mpg hwy and city. Google says:

Feeling the pinch of high gas prices on truck and SUV sales, GM has announced new, higher-mileage variants of its 2009 Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra pickup trucks and the Chevrolet Tahoe and GMC Yukon SUVs in a move the automaker claims will boost fuel economy by more than five percent.

Like the modified Chevrolet Cobalt we saw in April, the new versions of the trucks and utes will be designated “XFE” models, which stands for “extra fuel economy.” The modifications will help the XFE vehicles achieve EPA ratings of 15 mpg city and 21 highway, compared with 14/20 for non-XFE models.

Both truck and SUV models receive a new 3.08:1 final-drive ratio, lowered suspension to improve aerodynamics, and aluminum lower control arms and wheels to reduce weight. All will ride on special low-rolling-resistance tires that can be inflated to higher pressures. The Silverado and Sierra also receive an extended front air dam and a soft tonneau cover to improve aerodynamics. They’re all minor changes, and so is the fuel savings.

Towing capacity also improves on the Silverado and Sierra, from 6600 pounds to 7000 pounds. Towing for the Tahoe and Yukon is unchanged.

The XFE package will be available only on two-wheel-drive models equipped with GM’s 5.3-liter V-8 and six-speed automatic transmission. The engine produces 320 horsepower and 340 pound-feet of torque in the Tahoe and Yukon, and 315 hp and 338 lb-ft of torque in the Silverado and Sierra.

Production of XFE-equipped vehicles will begin this fall for the 2009 model year.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
XtraFuelEconomy models which achieve a whopping extra 1mpg hwy and city. Google says:

Feeling the pinch of high gas prices on truck and SUV sales, GM has announced new, higher-mileage variants of its 2009 Chevrolet Silverado and GMC Sierra pickup trucks and the Chevrolet Tahoe and GMC Yukon SUVs in a move the automaker claims will boost fuel economy by more than five percent.

Like the modified Chevrolet Cobalt we saw in April, the new versions of the trucks and utes will be designated “XFE” models, which stands for “extra fuel economy.” The modifications will help the XFE vehicles achieve EPA ratings of 15 mpg city and 21 highway, compared with 14/20 for non-XFE models.

Both truck and SUV models receive a new 3.08:1 final-drive ratio, lowered suspension to improve aerodynamics, and aluminum lower control arms and wheels to reduce weight. All will ride on special low-rolling-resistance tires that can be inflated to higher pressures. The Silverado and Sierra also receive an extended front air dam and a soft tonneau cover to improve aerodynamics. They’re all minor changes, and so is the fuel savings.

Towing capacity also improves on the Silverado and Sierra, from 6600 pounds to 7000 pounds. Towing for the Tahoe and Yukon is unchanged.

The XFE package will be available only on two-wheel-drive models equipped with GM’s 5.3-liter V-8 and six-speed automatic transmission. The engine produces 320 horsepower and 340 pound-feet of torque in the Tahoe and Yukon, and 315 hp and 338 lb-ft of torque in the Silverado and Sierra.

Production of XFE-equipped vehicles will begin this fall for the 2009 model year.
Interesting. Never heard of them before.

OP
OP
Venom

Venom

Reaction score
The picture I posted wasn’t the best for when the truck was wrecked. I did some digging around and found some better ones. For anyone that would be interested in seeing. Been some time since this was posted but was able to find them today

50C7C007-1552-406A-9745-03E2B6D36677.jpeg F3141674-B914-45CF-9353-B0295D346F21.jpeg F7640CAA-F700-4F7C-B252-76FA4E69BCAE.jpeg 1F401C53-A250-4618-83A7-418B4B91B8A1.jpeg