BDS Rear Coil Spacer Installation

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

gmartin1215

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I got the 4" BDS Suspension kit with the 3" rear coil spacer for my 2009 Tahoe. The BDS instructions say to mount the spacer at the upper coil cup and not on the axle. They provided nuts and bolts that are used to mount the holes that are already in the upper coil cup. I tried mounting these spacers in the upper cup, but the space between the body of the Tahoe and the upper coil cup is very tight, making it hard to get a wrench on the bolt that is furthest away and deeper under the body.

For anyone that has done a similar installation, what was your trick to get all the spacer bolts tightened?

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I cannot personally help you with your question; however, other members on this Forum that are much more knowledgeable than me will chime in.

OP
OP
gmartin1215

gmartin1215

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I guess I'll have to figure something out. The problem is I can't see the bolt head to get a wrench on it, and if I am lucky to get one on, it's hard to keep it on.

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
@gmartin1215 You need to pass a bolt through the the upper coil cup? My go to when working is tight places like that is to use once of these flex head stubby ratchets from HF. Basically if you can fit your hand or fist up there you can get one of these in there also.
Can you send pictures of the coil spacer?
image_16931.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
2DoeProjectHoe

Latest posts