BDS Lift Kit Delays!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
gmartin1215

gmartin1215

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry for the slow reply. My company has me working 6 days a week.
Anyhow, the wheels are a 17x9 with a 12mm offset. BDS recommends a 0 offset, but I really like the look of just a little negative offset. Because of that though, I’m rubbing in my wheel wells on the front and I’m going to have to take a grinder to a couple of small places. Oh and they are Vision Se7en wheels. They weren’t available anywhere, but I found them on eBay for $680 for the whole set!! They are my favorite part of the build, next to the Fox remote reservoirs. My tires are a 285/75/17. They are some used Toyo Open Country CT’s, which are technically a commercial tire.
I measured the height the weekend the lift was done and it is 2” higher in the front. I guess that is the “prerunner look” they advertise. If I could reorder it, I’d opt for the extra inch of lift in the rear that was an option. It may have settled a little with the Fox Shox breaking in… I’ll have to re-measure. I’m torn on my thoughts on the “lean.” In the future, I’ll probably lift the rear another inch or two and maybe add some airbags, as I may buy a camper next Spring. And that way I can add onboard air too, for off-roading and general badassery.
I can say that the Tahoe handling is extremely tight (much better than before) and the shocks are soooo plush!! It’s like it had a baby with Grandmas Caddy. And that extends to off-road as well. I had a 2012 Ford Raptor in the past, and this suspension is seriously on that level as far as feel/responsiveness. As a side note, I’m going replace my upper A Arms before too long with a uniball. Maybe Camburg, or even BDS makes some. But with the uniball, you get more useable travel and aftermarket A Arms will handle more abuse, because I know how I drive off-road. Lol
One last thing- Did you order the 4” or 6” lift?? I wanted the 6”, but I have to lift tools and dogs in and out every day.
Thanks!

I ordered the 4" coil over kit with VSC

OP
OP
gmartin1215

gmartin1215

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I FINALLY got my BDS kit, yesterday! It only took 4.5 months since I ordered, and the last time I spoke to sales they were saying mid-October maybe. But, I was excited to finally get it!
Never received a notice that it was being shipped, and their Web site still says it has not shipped yet. However, I got a notice from my local 4x4 shop that they received my kit and it is ready for pickup!

Inspected the parts and part numbers to make sure I got the kit I ordered. All was looking good until I opened the box containing the steering knuckles. Unfortunately, they sent me two driver-side steering knuckles and no passenger side!

Sent a message to sales and waiting for a response. Hopefully, it won't be another 4 months.

Dustin Jackson

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I FINALLY got my BDS kit, yesterday! It only took 4.5 months since I ordered, and the last time I spoke to sales they were saying mid-October maybe. But, I was excited to finally get it!
Never received a notice that it was being shipped, and their Web site still says it has not shipped yet. However, I got a notice from my local 4x4 shop that they received my kit and it is ready for pickup!

Inspected the parts and part numbers to make sure I got the kit I ordered. All was looking good until I opened the box containing the steering knuckles. Unfortunately, they sent me two driver-side steering knuckles and no passenger side!

Sent a message to sales and waiting for a response. Hopefully, it won't be another 4 months.
@gmartin1215 Oh man good idea to check the parts

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the reason for the long wait is the parts are manufactured in china and production to delivery times are 4x times what they normally are, don't be surprised if you see prices go up also it cost 3X as much to send a container now as it did pre-covid so a 3,733.00 shipping cost is now over 11,000.00

OP
OP
gmartin1215

gmartin1215

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BDS helped me with the wrong part issue. They sent me the correct part with quick shipping and I received it two days after I told them about it!

Except for the frustration of the longs delay and lack of updates from BDS, overall I am very pleased with the quality of the parts. The axel spacers are ABS that I was not expecting. I would have preferred these to be aluminum. But perhaps that was a design decision to keep rotational inertia down. Hopefully, this part won't be prone to failure by using plastic. The Fox coil-overs with DSC are VERY nice!

Unfortunately, the shipment delays blew my schedule. I wanted to get this kit installed this summer, but other obligations will keep me from getting it on until spring. Doing it myself. I'm not quick, but I got the tools to do the job and I know the parts will be installed to my expectations. Plus, I don't want to pay a shop $1200-$1500 for them to do the labor.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mistehkins