Battery went flat-Hybrid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went to start my car this afternoon it was pretty much drained down to 9 volts DC+

Took it to Auto Zone looks like i have some warranty left but it's prorated so it will cost me 20 dollars to get it replaced . since i got 13mo left. someone opened my fuel door flap causing it to drain over night... i guess it woke up the computer and the radio endless spinning.. I bet someone was trying to steal gas and the siphon hose was not long enough it would have to be at lest 8feet long to get to the fuel tank :crazy: :hahano:

I was going to take it to the car wash :emotions33:

the people here are wankers and whine about car not being clean..

Last edited:

jeffbco

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Went to start my car this afternoon it was pretty much drained down to 9 volts DC+

Took it to Auto Zone looks like i have some warranty left but it's prorated so it will cost me 20 dollars to get it replaced . since i got 13mo left. someone opened my fuel door flap causing it to drain over night... i guess it woke up the computer and the radio endless spinning.. I bet someone was trying to steal gas and the siphon hose was not long enough it would have to be at lest 8feet long to get to the fuel tank :crazy: :hahano:

I was going to take it to the car wash :emotions33:

the people here are wankers and whine about car not being clean..
What model year has power going to the fuel door?

OP
OP
B

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What model year has power going to the fuel door?
there is a switch on the fuel door that tells you the fuel door is open that could wake up the computer... i don't see why not .

even tells you if you left the hood open or tailgate too in the Driver information center

just like the door of the suv has a switch :banghead:
does not matter something drain the battery or it's bad

there is NO Check engine light codes

Last edited:

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
there is a switch on the fuel door that tells you the fuel door is open that could wake up the computer... i don't see why not .

even tells you if you left the hood open or tailgate too in the Driver information center

just like the door of the suv has a switch :banghead:

I have had a 2007 XL Denali, 2008 XL Denali, 2009 Suburban LTZ and now a 2013 XL Denali and none of them had/have a switch on the fuel door that I have noticed. Is this feature unique to the hybrid models?

OP
OP
B

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have had a 2007 XL Denali, 2008 XL Denali, 2009 Suburban LTZ and now a 2013 XL Denali and none of them had/have a switch on the fuel door that I have noticed. Is this feature unique to the hybrid models?
might just be a phantom switch(to hold the door) but it does have a hood sensor switch :gr_grin: to disable remote start and autostop when it's open

No CEL :( So no help there ..

anyone want to buy some light weight body parts?
i'm sure dnt1010 would be interested in the engine to replace his 200k one

Mickey_7106

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's a phantom fuse under the hood you can pull to keep it from draining your battery....

might just be a phantom switch(to hold the door) but it does have a hood sensor switch :gr_grin: to disable remote start and autostop when it's open

No CEL :( So no help there ..

anyone want to buy some light weight body parts?
i'm sure dnt1010 would be interested in the engine to replace his 200k one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC