Battery type and replacement in a 2019

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine, which I have personally confirmed, is flooded and came that way from the factory. I have not seen anyone on this forum confirm a 15-20 that came stock with an AGM, perhaps you are the first. Your charger may be "smart" but have you laid eyes on the actual battery?
It's possible my "smart" Schumacher charger isn't all that smart and is mis-gendering the battery! Unfortunately that large power distribution fuse box that sits on top of the battery obscures all of the labeling without disconnecting power from the battery which I'd rather not do just for s&g's.

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This is what I recently put into my suburban as a replacement, works amazing starts up instantly and has survived a lot of rough roads.
View attachment 384735
I hope that lasts for you. I heard that Optima's quality tanked about 15 years ago unfortunately. Not sure if true. Jay Leno's Garage still says they love them simply because they do not leak.

RB_Trucker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I hope that lasts for you. I heard that Optima's quality tanked about 15 years ago unfortunately. Not sure if true. Jay Leno's Garage still says they love them simply because they do not leak.
I hope it does too, my friends have varying versions of these in their trucks and cars and have luck so far with no leaking or power issues.

OP
OP
tom3

tom3

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the comments. I've had real good luck with Optima batteries, last red top ran 11 years in the trunk of my old Camaro, but I'm really looking for a pretty close to OE replacement. Thinking about having my dealer replace it at the next oil change but their price on an AGM GM brand or spec might break the bank. A standard flooded cell in a high capacity Delco might not hurt so bad. Looks like I'll have to get under the hood and dig down to what's in there and find out for sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bekahgentry

Latest posts