Battery low issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Onlyone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh ok great I will check it out! How do you know if charging system is more ant for or compatible with AGM?
It’s a 2020. It will have an AGM. if you want it to last longer get an Odyssey. Example. Free shipping. IMHO they are the best batteries out there.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Get the platinum AGM battery from AutoZone so if it goes bad in 3 years from now you could go to any AutoZone and replace it. AutoZone will even change it for you. The battery does come with 3 year warranty so if it goes bad before, no matter where you’re at in the US you can get it replaced. My mistake was letting the dealer change my battery and paying $220 only to have it fail when I was out of town and could not bring back to dealer. I needed it right away so I ended up paying an additional $270 at Autozone. The dealer Delco Gold battery only lasted 11 months because I constantly clean my truck almost every day so it runs out more often but never dies. Now I have a AGM which is meant to be discharged and charged more often also has a hour or more reserve. You don’t need the dual battery unless your a TLC, camper, or have an intense sound system. The dual battery setup will cost you over $700 to add.
not even close to $700, one cable from 2nd battery positive to starter, one ground. 1 battery holder. done.
if you want to get fancy add a isolator those can be had for $50.00 same thing used for boats and rv's

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think that second tray is either for a diesel or a police spec vehicle. Not sure you can parallel two batteries without some switching control. I'd try to keep the vehicle powered up while swapping the batteries too if possible. Seems like bad things happen sometimes if you just unhook the battery for a while.
nothing special needed. 2 cables and a battery holder
1 cable from 2nd battery to starter
1 ground
done, now you have double the cca's and amp hr's
2nd battery is charged from starter cable which hooks to 1st battery which hooks to alternator.
optionally split the alternator output to both battery's as well
optionally add a isolator
The output of 12 volts will remain the same but the capacity and cranking amps will become the sum of the two batteries.
unhooking the battery usually means you have to perform a drivers window relearn which is just push and hold the button for a extra 5 seconds up and down
and recalibrate the compass which is done by driving in a full circle each way a couple times.

Last edited:

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Oh ok great I will check it out! How do you know if charging system is more ant for or compatible with AGM?
Well, we usually know if it originally came with an AGM battery. I thought that K2s were made for AGMs but the ACDelco website says otherwise. You can run an AGM but will realize no benefit from it. Then again maybe ACDelco made a mistake, check your owner's manual for the battery number and cross it if necessary.

SpyShops212

Full Access Member
Reaction score
not even close to $700, one cable from 2nd battery positive to starter, one ground. 1 battery holder. done.
if you want to get fancy add a isolator those can be had for $50.00 same thing used for boats and rv's

How about the battery $300 plus install.

Jroby42

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Onlyone

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2020 did not come from the factory with AGM.
Ok cool. I figured it did. But who cares. It will work just the same. Odd too because all the aftermarket websites like auto zone call for an AGM for a 2020

Last edited:

SpyShops212

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ok cool. I figured it did. But who cares. It will work just the same. Odd too because all the aftermarket websites like auto zone call for an AGM for a 2020
I have an AutoZone platinum AGM 5 months ago and it works great.

shock

Reaction score
My NOCO 5 amp has a repair feature that claims it can revive/desulfate a bad battery. Might be worth a shot.

Regardless, any battery that gets short-tripped constantly and/or sits needs to be charged periodically.

I rotate the charger on all the batteries once a month. They all typically charge up in about <30 min each. So far they are all at least 4 years old and still functioning.

Considering I have about $800+ worth of batteries it seems worth the effort and minor expense of a good charger.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17