Battery drain

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Sorry guys, not to hijack but the latch on the door control RAP so it is not the key switch.? I have the same problem turn of truck and open door radio plays for 10 min... Mine is factory stereo....

As @PNW VietVet stated, best to start a new thread with your info in it. We do have suggestions for you to check out.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a 2007 tahoe LTZ and after a few days or multiple short trips the battery is dead. Battery is good and the charging system works but when checking a voltage drop on the fuses the #41 RDO 15A fuse has about .05mV or 109A running through the fuse while everything is off and the vehicle has sat over night it is an aftermarket radio as well. I have also checked a voltage drop on all the other fuses even in the dash and they all go to 0mV and I have turned the exit lighting to off but the radio will stay on and still play music after that for about 10 minutes till it turns off so I have had to click the tab to disconnect the face plate but still having a bead battery just wondering it the amount of mV and amps is enough to drain the battery

if it was drawing 109 amps you would have a fire.. but 109ma is nothing

this suggest the battery is bad i can go several days with my dash camera 250ma with out issue

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
if it was drawing 109 amps you would have a fire.. but 109ma is nothing

this suggest the battery is bad i can go several days with my dash camera 250ma with out issue

Do you have a dual battery system?

I believe 109 ma is too much if the vehicle sits too much or makes short trips. If the vehicle is driven daily and on long enough trips to keep the battery(s) up and all connections and grounds are good, then the 109ma, while I still believe is too high, can be something a person can live with. I know that with all the fancy new toys in rigs and memory seats and keep alive memory for all modules, the allowed milliamp draw increases and batteries have to keep up with the times and get better or go to dual batteries but if going to have constant larger milliamp draws then I believe the battery maintainers are going to be more and more important.

Last edited:

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I believe 109 ma is too much if the vehicle sits too much or makes short trips. If the vehicle is driven daily and on long enough trips to keep the battery(s) up and all connections and grounds are good, then the 109ma, while I still believe is too high, can be something a person can live with. I know that with all the fancy new toys in rigs and memory seats and keep alive memory for all modules, the allowed milliamp draw increases and batteries have to keep up with the times and get better or go to dual batteries but if going to have constant larger milliamp draws then I believe the battery maintainers are going to be more and more important.
Single but it still needs the 12volt system working i.e to turn the relay switch in the HV battery
but i did get a ULTRA HIGH QUALITY AGM battery.. a year and 1/2 ago

the monster battery starts the engine in a fraction of a second it's a 60KW 320volt starter
there is no "cranking" involved..

Last edited:

exp500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
BG1988-Well an 80 HP motor should spin it pretty fast. I recommend you look into your electrical terminology more so you can describe items better. Volts, MV,KV, Amps, MA, KW etc.etc. Makes your troubleshooting easier too! Or tell Siri to quit changing what you say!

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score

BG1988-Well an 80 HP motor should spin it pretty fast. I recommend you look into your electrical terminology more so you can describe items better. Volts, MV,KV, Amps, MA, KW etc.etc. Makes your troubleshooting easier too! Or tell Siri to quit changing what you say!

Brent, @BG1988 , has a Hybrid Tahoe, which he fails to mention EVERY TIME he posts on here. He also compares his truck and its functionality to everyone else's non-Hybrid trucks as though it were an apples to apples comparison, again, without ever mentioning the difference which leads to much confusion.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeC