Battery died the other day…won’t run now..Solved

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
View attachment 349973
Code alarm is still getting power I didnt get ride of it before. the key I have doesn’t have any resistors in it just a flat key
Hmm, yeah that could be the problem then. Try to find a model number and manual online. Maybe there’s a reset for it short of busting out the wire cutters.

Your ignition key sounds correct. They didn’t have a chip in them.

OP
OP
redwing4900

redwing4900

Reaction score
It was just spliced in, removed now. Still dying on me. Doing some relearns now. I’m not confident, no offense. Thank you for your help!

east302

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol, none taken.

Do you have a good scanner to look for Passlock codes?

This might be worth a shot…

Last edited:
OP
OP
redwing4900

redwing4900

Reaction score
I solved it! After I removed the code alarm with the same problem, I took the plug off of the mass airflow sensor knowing that it would give me a code, but it might run and it did! Cleaned it up, but the problem was still happening whenever I had it plugged in. Bought a new one and put a new air filter on it and just got back from a test ride its running like always. Thanks to everyone who helped out. Finally a post for this problem with a solution!

89Suburban

Bull in the china shop
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I solved it! After I removed the code alarm with the same problem, I took the plug off of the mass airflow sensor knowing that it would give me a code, but it might run and it did! Cleaned it up, but the problem was still happening whenever I had it plugged in. Bought a new one and put a new air filter on it and just got back from a test ride its running like always. Thanks to everyone who helped out. Finally a post for this problem with a solution!

Hell yeah man!!!! Good job!!! :D

Fless

Staff member
Super Moderator
Reaction score

Now please consider adding "Solved" to the thread title for future viewers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
patrickleeleep