Bass Knob Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CJ Rodarme

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My bass knob for my Audiopipe 2000.1 died today. The red wire somehow came off. I turned my truck on after getting gas and almost went deaf because I had last left it on the lowest setting on the knob. I’m not really concerned with the knob, I’m gonna get a SPL Cartel RCA style knob. But I came across something. It seems that my amp is considerably louder without the knob, compared to with the knob at full crank. Mind that the bass knob it had was a 3.5mm jack style. Will I experience the same issue with a RCA bass knob?

MTHoe

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Cant really say, I know my bass knob uses that ethernet port connection type and the sub sounds the same with or without it plugged in. It might be the 3.5mm jack that's causing your sub not to blast at full.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my Orion has the 3.5mm jack and I couldn't get it to work with anything else other than a original knob which doesn't make sense because it is only 2 wires but I guess there is something internal to the knob control involved.

OP
OP
CJ Rodarme

CJ Rodarme

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The knob also sucked as far as actually going 0-100%. It's such a night and day difference now. But the RCA style knobs control the input level thus meaning it wont effect the maximum correct? Regardless I need a new knob ASAP because with the added volume as well as my new electrical the subs are way too loud for normal listening. It bangs at just 15 out of 40 on my HU no bass boost etc.

The pac lc-1 goes from zero(i.e. off) to full volume with no attenuation, smoothly, in my experience.

Can't speak to the SPL cartel unit

The pac lc-1 is a RCA style unit correct?

Cant really say, I know my bass knob uses that ethernet port connection type and the sub sounds the same with or without it plugged in. It might be the 3.5mm jack that's causing your sub not to blast at full.

My Rockville amp had one of these and it barely made a difference 0-100. But at least it didn't have any effect on the max volume

SnowDrifter

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Washington. The desert side not the Starbucks side
The knob also sucked as far as actually going 0-100%. It's such a night and day difference now. But the RCA style knobs control the input level thus meaning it wont effect the maximum correct? Regardless I need a new knob ASAP because with the added volume as well as my new electrical the subs are way too loud for normal listening. It bangs at just 15 out of 40 on my HU no bass boost etc.

The pac lc-1 is a RCA style unit correct?

Correct, it's RCA style. When you set gains, set it w/ the knob all the way up

I really wish manufacturers would, at some point, figure out that every single knob they ship sucks ass lmao

OP
OP
CJ Rodarme

CJ Rodarme

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed the PAC LC-1, and it works great, sure best the price of other RCA knobs. I got male-male adapters and plugged the out from the stereo to the knob and then the knob to the existing RCA to the amp. I also noticed that the volume doesn’t always sound 0-100% due to rattling etc. I love the knob tho, works great, super useful and install took me 10 min

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marthaInKilgore