BAMF Pri's 2005 Chevrolet Tahoe build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Agreed was a little unsure about the escalade third but I am liking it. If I didn't end up liking it I was going to do what @05Single did and wrap the factory one and add the "audi" style third brake.
Only reason I did what I did is because I couldn’t find a esky 3rd to save my life lol, or else I’d prefer that over mine, although mine is different and still looks sexy. I ain’t mad about it lol.
Yours looks awesome but I feel like the line of fire on the bumper is too much.

And I’ve never seen just the outer 3 leds light up like that. That’s weird. Your factory 3rd never did that ?

OP
OP
73impala

73impala

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Only reason I did what I did is because I couldn’t find a esky 3rd to save my life lol, or else I’d prefer that over mine, although mine is different and still looks sexy. I ain’t mad about it lol.
Yours looks awesome but I feel like the line of fire on the bumper is too much.

And I’ve never seen just the outer 3 leds light up like that. That’s weird. Your factory 3rd never did that ?

As far as I know the factory one never did that was odd to see for sure. IMO more light the better for safety. I am happy with it. Hoping the double sided tape holds up and I won't need an esky rear glass though.

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
As far as I know the factory one never did that was odd to see for sure. IMO more light the better for safety. I am happy with it. Hoping the double sided tape holds up and I won't need an esky rear glass though.
I've heard a few people to use heavy duty double sided tape for that light and it never fell off, its light enough as long as you're not jumping the truck and rallying it every weekend I think it'll be fine for the life if the vehicle

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
I've heard a few people to use heavy duty double sided tape for that light and it never fell off, its light enough as long as you're not jumping the truck and rallying it every weekend I think it'll be fine for the life if the vehicle

Jumping and rallying ftw.

OP
OP
73impala

73impala

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Jumping and rallying ftw.

Well the fiancee does the driving of it and you know what they say "women drivers no survivors" lmao JK

But this is the tape I used

81Z8jNKhYmL._SX425_.jpg

But a pic from today and all the rain we are having.

46699549204_ae0e1c5154_b.jpg2019-03-19_04-54-17 by James Pate, on Flickr

OP
OP
73impala

73impala

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Small update, truck underside has been covered in oil again. Believed it was the rear main again so took it to a buddy who does mechanic on the side. Had the whole rear cover replaced along with the seals and what not. He was done in 3hrs! Talk about fast lol. While he was under it he informed to replace the oil cooler gasket so I picked on up today and will get it swapped out.

I did buy new chrome led tag lights for it though. The full replacement ones that have the led boards built in so that's exciting.

Buddy took photos

47457246842_3c8883496a_b.jpg56168066_2259036210822309_3194420654120108032_n by James Pate, on Flickr

Last edited:

05Single

afraid of the dark
Reaction score
Looks good. Them players lights are bright af!
That's esky light still trips me out, but hey if it works , it works. Its different than the rest and that's usually a good thing in the mod world

Still planning on colormatching the cap and valance ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
staffie

Latest posts