ball joint

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

kadrovik

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Does anyone have or recommend the specific part numbers Upper and Lower Ball Joints for stamped steel control arms tahoe 2018

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
control arm assembly only
It was past my bed time when I responded earlier! Historically, the upper control arm ball joints are not replaceable, the whole assembly is replaced.

It also appears that the lowers are not replaceable either anymore, at least with the stamped steel kind. I see no other options on ACDelco's website. Let me check Rock Auto...

Well lookee there, Rock Auto shows them for both the upper and lower arms.

OP
OP
kadrovik

kadrovik

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It was past my bed time when I responded earlier! Historically, the upper control arm ball joints are not replaceable, the whole assembly is replaced.

It also appears that the lowers are not replaceable either anymore, at least with the stamped steel kind. I see no other options on ACDelco's website. Let me check Rock Auto...

Well lookee there, Rock Auto shows them for both the upper and lower arms.

thanks for the reply, i found this information on rockauto, but i was hoping to find original GM numbers

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
unless you are really wanting to bust out the grinder and do a good bit of work or pay someone the labor to do it then you are better off with just replacing the control arms they will have new bushings and overall less work.

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
unless you are really wanting to bust out the grinder and do a good bit of work or pay someone the labor to do it then you are better off with just replacing the control arms they will have new bushings and overall less work.
Is this what you’re referring to when you say grinding? I noticed the lower ball joints look like they’re flattened over the control arm. Even though rock auto says they have replacement ball joints for aluminum arms.

The bushings for the arm itself actually look healthy in comparison to the UCA’s they’re visibly dry rotted.

93F47457-88A1-43BC-877C-F10BFE004FD8.jpeg
Uppers look rough
50D56884-A1FF-4E3E-8712-535A8310F6D5.jpeg
Lowers don’t look too bad at all
1012079F-E012-4089-938F-E09DDF673815.jpeg

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is this what you’re referring to when you say grinding? I noticed the lower ball joints look like they’re flattened over the control arm. Even though rock auto says they have replacement ball joints for aluminum arms.

The bushings for the arm itself actually look healthy in comparison to the UCA’s they’re visibly dry rotted.

View attachment 373149
Uppers look rough
View attachment 373153
Lowers don’t look too bad at all
View attachment 373154
ya to get that ball joint out you have to grind off the metal all the way around the top (carefully)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jkavros

Latest posts