Badge Removal?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
What are my options? I saw in the general discussion section normal tahoe owners can just use goo gone and fishing line to take their badges off.

Do the hybrid badges also come off this way? I'd like to get rid of the two green ones on each side.

i guess I just assumed the badges were drilled/bolted on and once removed you'd have to fill the hole and paint...

edgaranah1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What are my options? I saw in the general discussion section normal tahoe owners can just use goo gone and fishing line to take their badges off.

Do the hybrid badges also come off this way? I'd like to get rid of the two green ones on each side.

i guess I just assumed the badges were drilled/bolted on and once removed you'd have to fill the hole and paint...

The badges arent bolted or drilled on. There just glued on. Try using a heat gun or hairdryer if not available. Just heat it then use the fishing line. It will leave residue behind then clean it up with the goo-gone. You would probably have to wax it just to make it look good.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Get a 3M adhesive eraser wheel and your thumbs will thank you and the job will be 10x easier and faster! :) The process should be same on a Hybrid as it is a "regular" Hoe or Kon.

OP
OP
P
Reaction score
Get a 3M adhesive eraser wheel and your thumbs will thank you and the job will be 10x easier and faster! :) The process should be same on a Hybrid as it is a "regular" Hoe or Kon.

Will there be a color or visual difference where the badge used to be?

I guess worse comes to worse I could glue it back on...

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
There shouldn't be with your ride not being very old. Once you get the adhesive off you'll probably need to clay bar and polish the area good but that should be it. When you get into older rides then you start worrying about the paint behind the badge.

OP
OP
P
Reaction score
Started removing the badges tonight. Worked great with the way described(heat gun and fishing line.) used a little goo gone and then some quick finishing spray to smooth it out..

I'll do the other side and back tomorrow. I definitely like the look a lot better this way. I don't find the hybrid decal along the side that obnoxious as all the H and Hybrid 2 mode badges all over the place.

BEFORE
IMG_1174.jpg

AFTER
IMG_1179.jpg
IMG_1181.jpg

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Big improvement! :waytogo: definitely looks much better :)

B.G.

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Def an improvement.. This was done to my hybrid day two of ownership...Waaaay too many stock badges

LuSe4

Bleen Member
Reaction score
Looks a lot better. I still wouldn't be able to stop myself from taking off the giant "hybrid" along the bottom of the doors, though!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Juju14