Bad power steering fluid leak!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

dnt1010

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a neighbor that is a "Musician" that boy can make a guitar sing and dance but he cannot change his own oil or even a dang spark plug without some major mishap LOL. I can only make a guitar make painful to the ear noises Hahahah. My neighbor would tear up a lot more than he would "Fix" attempting this repair. I have a local spot that I use for stuff I do not want to mess with, everyone around here calls it Cooters Garage. Funny thing is ole ****** can actually pick a pretty mean guitar, so my theory is not absolute...... https://www.ighte.com/cart/

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am sorry, I am not following anything any more because the verbage is changing. And I'm not experienced enough to know what you're referring to. I know I need the high pressure power steering hose.

The 1st post says trans cooler line 1 abd trans cooler line 2

The link posts refer to it as an inlet and outlet .
Just go to Autozone and buy one there. That's where I got mine. Here is what you need: https://www.autozone.com/suspension...-steering-pressure-line-hose-80617/302334_0_0

OP
OP
J

jbluemke

Reaction score
I wpund up going to autozone to get it and make sure it was identical. Just went to start..... AND GUESS WHAT??? The freaking metal plate that the tubes go through...... The pressure side is NOT open! how the hell do I repkace this???

No less I cant even SEE where the pkate goes.
Plus, does the hole in the plate go towards the top or bottom now that I'm all mixed up

OP
OP
J

jbluemke

Reaction score
Oh, and how do i swap out the o-ring??? I can't even see where the part goes (to take it out). and the old o-ring isn't on the part.

ALSO, I cant find the fn screw to screw that plate in. Anything that can go wrong, HAS gone wrong with this "simple" line fix

OP
OP
J

jbluemke

Reaction score
1- I'm an idiot not paying attention because I'm frustrated

2- I can't fibd WHERE tgr plate with the 2 hoses go

3- I can't find that dann screw to put the pkate in. Most likely I need to screw that in, right? ;)

OP
OP
J

jbluemke

Reaction score
I found everything once I calned down.

BUT the s*** was just POURING out the bottom (looked like it was from where the one tgreaded hose goes to behind the power steering pump.

It is nearly impossible to get your hand in there to see what the hell you're doing.

Also, how do i know if I put the double hose with the screw on correctly? Does the pressure side go on top?? And iif I installed THAT backwards, could THAT cause the leakage???

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Anyone please? :(
Watch this video starting at 5:16 as linked:

I found it easier to work from above, but it at least shows where everything is. Your new hose should have come with a bolt to hold the plate into the steering rack.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
madmax442