Backup sensor connector removal....

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Harry Seaward

Reaction score
Anybody know how to to remove the connector on the back of a backup sensor? I damaged one today by backing into the side of my wife's car. The Tahoe has a dinged rear bumper. The other one has about 3 grand worth of damage. I managed to cave in both doors on the passenger side. Just a second of not paying attention. Neither my wife or I heard the proximity beep so I'm not sure it was working at the time of the collision.

Last edited:

05Yukon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That plastic bumper caused that much damage? I would look under there they should just unplug.

OP
OP
H

Harry Seaward

Reaction score
It was a corner shot at about 2 or 3 mph as I was attampting to turn around on my driveway apron.. I believe the plastic shell collapsed and pressed the connector against the the steel bumper behind it. The connector uses some kind of locking mechanism.

07SuburbanLTZ

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I thought there was a button to press to turn the system off, you can also put the truck in tow/trailer mode to turn system off.

OP
OP
H

Harry Seaward

Reaction score
There is a button. It's now illuminated full time and I'm getting a service message on the display. It's VERY EVIDENT that one sensor has been damaged. :shocked:

73shark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure if this is what you are looking for but disconnecting will not cause the message to go away.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bekahgentry

Latest posts