Backup and dash cams

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I want to add a few more questions to this post lol

I have my headliner out and would like to route some wires to back of truck off the headliner harness while it's out and perhaps down the D Pillar, not entirely sure what all I need for cables for a back camera (12V, Video +, Video -, and possibly power ground)? Not sure if the typical cameras require more. I'd like to mount camera behind the hatch glass if possible / works.

Thanks!
You will need the camera’s video cable that comes with it. Otherwise you’re wasting your time running anything else ahead of time, you’ll have to clear a path again later so to say.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok, ordered this backup camera, mostly based on design, and reviews: https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B01HZM70NU?ref=ppx_pt2_mob_b_prod_image

Now I’m trying to figure out the dash camera.. [emoji16] Ordered rca cables for a subwoofer amp ( I haven’t purchased yet..) and I’ll be adding the factory enclosure to the driver rear space eventually (thanks to @Fosscore for locating, pulling, and shipping this to me!!) I’m trying to get most of the additional cabling figured out now, so I don’t have to pull and reinstall the HU every time I want to change things up. For now, the plan is to use all factory speakers, and Bose amp, except for adding a second sub + amp in the rear location that was used on the 2000-2002 (I think) GMT800’s.
I have their Cam 2, it’s great.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marthaInKilgore