Back from the dead 2007 Tahoe 2wd LT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Earlier this week I took a trip down to Texas, about 1500 miles round trip. The Tahoe did awesome overall, it averaged 17mpg and gave me zero drivetrain problems, no lights, no hiccups, nothing. That's amazing for a previously neglected 265k rig with original engine and trans. But the rough roads in Oklahoma and high speeds in Texas highlighted my worn front brakes and poor riding original struts. So this weekend I dug in.

It went a little farther than I planned, mainly because of regular old worn out original parts. She ended up with new lower ball joints (Moog), new 2" drop spindles (Belltech), adjustable struts set down 1" (McGaughy's), new wheel bearings (AC Delco), strut mounts (AC Delco), sway bar links, rotors, pads, calipers, and hoses in the front. In the rear just Belltech 34324 spring kit (no spacer for 4") and shock relocators, I ran out of time to do the rear brakes but they're in good shape right now. Still have to do the alignment, but a ride around the block felt much better than before. No rest time for her she's heading to Florida next week!

View attachment 345842

View attachment 345843

View attachment 345844
Nice. She deserves it.

ivin74

05 NBS Nali
Reaction score
Earlier this week I took a trip down to Texas, about 1500 miles round trip. The Tahoe did awesome overall, it averaged 17mpg and gave me zero drivetrain problems, no lights, no hiccups, nothing. That's amazing for a previously neglected 265k rig with original engine and trans. But the rough roads in Oklahoma and high speeds in Texas highlighted my worn front brakes and poor riding original struts. So this weekend I dug in.

It went a little farther than I planned, mainly because of regular old worn out original parts. She ended up with new lower ball joints (Moog), new 2" drop spindles (Belltech), adjustable struts set down 1" (McGaughy's), new wheel bearings (AC Delco), strut mounts (AC Delco), sway bar links, rotors, pads, calipers, and hoses in the front. In the rear just Belltech 34324 spring kit (no spacer for 4") and shock relocators, I ran out of time to do the rear brakes but they're in good shape right now. Still have to do the alignment, but a ride around the block felt much better than before. No rest time for her she's heading to Florida next week!

View attachment 345842

View attachment 345843

View attachment 345844

What a transformation, the suv looks 100x better. Keep up the good work. Your son is getting an awesome ride.

chadw

Full Access Member
Reaction score
11 pages, havent read itnyet, but you know thats not bermuda blue.. right?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wbhidalgo17