Back from the dead 2007 Tahoe 2wd LT

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

91RS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice restoration! That’s basically what I’m slowly doing to mine. I love these body style trucks.

What did you use to paint the trim pieces? Spray paint or was it real car paint?

OP
OP
Leevon

Leevon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice restoration! That’s basically what I’m slowly doing to mine. I love these body style trucks.

What did you use to paint the trim pieces? Spray paint or was it real car paint?

Thanks! I just used krylon enamel satin black that I had laying around, two light coats with a heat gun before and after each coat. I didn't even scuff them, we'll see how it holds up, easy enough to re-do!

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks! I just used krylon enamel satin black that I had laying around, two light coats with a heat gun before and after each coat. I didn't even scuff them, we'll see how it holds up, easy enough to re-do!
I have been using Krylon Fusion for years, it bonds to plastic excellently. If you have issues with the regular stuff after time, try Fusion.

Geoffsfas10

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah, I learned my lesson, paint is easier lol!

I need to re-wrap my drivers door one...its decent but not good enough. I foudn that a heat gun is very much your friend, and you might have to burn yourself a little to do it right haha

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I need to re-wrap my drivers door one...its decent but not good enough. I foudn that a heat gun is very much your friend, and you might have to burn yourself a little to do it right haha
Yep, a heat gun is necessary. I just used short blasts.

OP
OP
Leevon

Leevon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Today she got new rear shocks and sway bar links. I'm stopping here on the suspension because the next step is going to be 2.5/4 lowering and sway bars. I had to replace the other two tire pressure sensors because they started acting up as soon as the others were replaced of course, so all four are new.

IMG_5560.jpg IMG_5557.jpg

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Today she got new rear shocks and sway bar links. I'm stopping here on the suspension because the next step is going to be 2.5/4 lowering and sway bars. I had to replace the other two tire pressure sensors because they started acting up as soon as the others were replaced of course, so all four are new.

View attachment 271164 View attachment 271165
Can’t wait for the drop!

OP
OP
Leevon

Leevon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I have been driving this thing around to make sure the bugs are worked out and it was only getting 13.2 mpg. I cleaned the MAF, re-set the fuel trim learning, alcohol content, and did a crank re-learn. I have a diablosport i3 sitting around that we use in my shop when we install new GM engines with DOD delete, so I loaded a basic tune. One of my techs is an experienced tuner but we'll save that for future mods. The factory re-learns and canned tune are now netting 15.6 mpg so I'm very happy. I also have a new MAF and both upstream o2's for it but I'm not sure they'll be needed.

I have all of the lowering stuff. I'm using Belltech 2511 2" spindles, McGaughy's 3180 adjustable struts, Belltech 34324 rear spring kit, and new AC Delco strut mounts. I got the adjustable struts because my front struts are original and I'm going for a 2.5/4 drop so I wanted that extra 1/2" adjustment. I am debating whether this would be a good time to replace the front wheel bearings and brakes all around.

i3_1-723x1024.png
3180-2-2T.jpg
bel-2511_xl.jpg
03031820-MY4RFXYG.jpg
901-075_Primary__ra_p.jpg

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
btheboyscout