B0100 Unknown Diagnostic Trouble Code?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Did you disconnect the battery first? Also, the link said the sensor is for an 07, what year is yours?

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score

DonM3Z

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I had the same code in my 2005 Yukon SLT and replacing the front driver side impact sensor cleared the airbag light and there is no more "Service Airbag" message on the cluster. After having the light on for some time, I had O'Reilly Auto check the vehicle who confirmed the computer was throwing code B0100 as "Electronic Front End Sensor 1." From reviewing online I determined this code to be the front left or drivers side sensor. Apparently code B0103 is for the front right or passenger impact sensor. I decided to go with the Dorman Sensor 590-200 which was $79.00 at O'Reilly after inquiring about price matching to Amazon. It is actually about $10 less on Amazon, but I decided to pay the extra $10 since I had some free time and just wanted to get the repair done. As others have recommended, I disconnected the negative battery cable and let the Yukon sit for 45 minutes before starting work on replacing the sensor. I then just crawled in under the Yukon ( no need to jack up the car) and removed the connection and used a 10MM wrench to remove the sensor. Once i put everything back together I started up the Yukon and no more airbag light. It is important to note that the airbag light did not clear from having the negative battery disconnected. I know this because I did other work on the Yukon where I disconnected the battery for much longer and the Airbag light along with the "Service Airbag" message always came on after shifting the transmission into drive. This time the airbag light turned off and stayed off, and the "Service Airbag" message has disappeared.

OP
OP
treehan77

treehan77

TYF Fiend
Reaction score
Just like last time, had the battery disconnected for a couple days (reflow of the abs module) and hook it back, up, airbag light pops. now its the other side airbag sensor. damn it! i guess i'm not supposed to disconnect the battery on the yukon ever!

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just like last time, had the battery disconnected for a couple days (reflow of the abs module) and hook it back, up, airbag light pops. now its the other side airbag sensor. damn it! i guess i'm not supposed to disconnect the battery on the yukon ever!
Those sensors are known to fail due to being over tightened at the factory. Check this one carefully when you pull it off and look to see if it's squished or cracked.

OP
OP
treehan77

treehan77

TYF Fiend
Reaction score
Those sensors are known to fail due to being over tightened at the factory. Check this one carefully when you pull it off and look to see if it's squished or cracked.
It wasn't cracked. Not sure why that's matter anyway - it's bad so who cares lol

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts