B0026 code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bke

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Airbag light is on my 02 tahoe. Got my scan tool out and b0026 code came up. I researched all over the internet but can't come up with much info for a 02 tahoe. I don't know if is the clock spring or what.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
drivers front loop, most common cause is a bad harness to the steering wheel airbag, disconnect the battery for at least 10 minutes and then remove the airbag and check the wires for any corrosion, the airbag should come right off by depressing the tabs in the two holes under the steering wheel with a small flat head screwdriver. there is one hole on each side if you look underneath.

OP
OP
B

bke

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Took airbag off no corrison. But i can move the plastic on the clock spring back and forth a little bit. Don't know if that would matter.

xjsc16x

Reaction score
I have the GM repair computer I got from a torrent. I actually have the same airbag code in my truck that I'm going to diagnose tomorrow. Here's a PDF I saved of the diagnosis page.

Attachments

• B0026_diagnose.pdf
    35.1 KB · Views: 11
OP
OP
B

bke

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
so far i got my light to go off. I took air bag off and replugged it in. Then I found the connector under the dash and pushed it together better. Light has been staying off