AWD issue

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bill 1960

Testing the Limits
Reaction score
Hey i do advise using some factory hardware to reattch the axle to carrier.

That’s a good suggestion. Don’t trust my memory on this, but IIRC the torque spec is something like 58#, which exceeds the nominal torque rating for a metric 10.9 in that size. When I was installing my lift I read that torque spec several times because it was so high.

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
In the photo, looking at the threads into which the missing bolts would have been attached, the threads have an even coat of rust on them, suggesting to me that this axle was disconnected for some time, and did not 'recently' snap or become disconnected in some other way.

thompsoj22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
california native "REPUBLICAN" high desert
In the photo, looking at the threads into which the missing bolts would have been attached, the threads have an even coat of rust on them, suggesting to me that this axle was disconnected for some time, and did not 'recently' snap or become disconnected in some other way.

I had the same thought but there is no way that axle would have stayed in that position, The wheel would have been spinning it as the vehicle was driven. alot of luck on this one. hopefully some new hardware and down the road it go's!

HACK BLOCK

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There is a planetary assy in the transfer case that must require some power transfer/resistance to front wheels to drive the rear wheels? I think that is how the power is divided between front and rear wheels as a bias percentage. If the system were intact the traction control would apply the brake to the spinning wheel and force the power to a wheel with traction. No axle/driveshaft your a beached whale, I learn somthing everytime im on this forum! Hey i do advise using some factory hardware to reattch the axle to carrier.
I think audi is like that if there was no resistance then it wouldn't move

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DLM_GT