Available Yukon - Should I do it!

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BrokerThis

'22 Denali Dmax
Reaction score
Is the one available willing to give you the GMS pricing? Or are they not even accepting that?

Capsaicin

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Regarding flipping the one you have on order, ensure your dealership doesn't make you sign something that prevents you from doing it. When I took delivery of mine, they made me sign that.

Apparently someone bought 3 blazers from them and immediately took them to auction and pocketed $5k profit on each.

Quark

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Regarding flipping the one you have on order, ensure your dealership doesn't make you sign something that prevents you from doing it. When I took delivery of mine, they made me sign that.

Apparently someone bought 3 blazers from them and immediately took them to auction and pocketed $5k profit on each.
Dealers will say anything and I doubt that what you signed is worth the paper it is written on.

Always question authority unless they have a gun.

JeffTahoe

Reaction score
Dealers will say anything and I doubt that what you signed is worth the paper it is written on.

Always question authority unless they have a gun.

BMW had a similar thing when I purchased my x3. It was to prevent you from selling it overseas since it takes them 6 months to get any X vehicles. If you did, supposedly they would ban you from purchasing cars from them.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a dealership with my exact vehicle that I ordered in stock, aside from the black decals, these are chrome. They want to charge me $5k over MSRP.

I’m getting the GMS discount on the one sitting in Midlothian. Do I buy this and then then sell it when mine comes in? Do you think I’d take a hit?
Go for it Kate. Enjoy the experience and vacation.

Blackcar

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I’m getting my Midlothian at GMS which is $10k less than MSRP on this one. If I can turn around and sell it, I will. I am not trying to make money I just want to break even. That’s where my worry comes in.

I have no faith that I’ll see my Midlothian truck in the next two months. Now that I’m hearing more May vehicles have been sent there…and there’s a guy who’s been waiting since February!
What kind of vehicle do you have at present and can you use that vehicle for road trip .When you buy with GMS discount I believe you have to have ownership for a year before you can sell without getting sponsor of GMS to loss his or her right to purchase other vehicles. !0000 off is a lot better than what you looking at. Plus its what you order the way you want vehicle. Be nice to get some kind of work around good luck with your decision.

OP
OP
K

kate_t

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so, just to be clear, I wasn’t planning to flip the one I was going to get with the discount. My hope was to sell the one I was going to buy, but get it for the amount I was going to pay.

I called my salesman (on the vehicle in Midlothian) and asked his opinion and he immediately told me he would never buy that for MSRP AND I could likely sell it to somewhere like CarMax but I’d lose all of the tax $$ which, on this vehicle is close to $7k. No thanks. I let the other dealership know I won’t be moving forward, and I will just wait it out for my actual Midlothian Yukon. I may name her Midlo after all this…

OP
OP
K

kate_t

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is the one available willing to give you the GMS pricing? Or are they not even accepting that?
Nope. No discount whatsoever. So this would essentially cost $14k more than what I will get my built Yukon for…

Banks22

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so, just to be clear, I wasn’t planning to flip the one I was going to get with the discount. My hope was to sell the one I was going to buy, but get it for the amount I was going to pay.

I called my salesman (on the vehicle in Midlothian) and asked his opinion and he immediately told me he would never buy that for MSRP AND I could likely sell it to somewhere like CarMax but I’d lose all of the tax $$ which, on this vehicle is close to $7k. No thanks. I let the other dealership know I won’t be moving forward, and I will just wait it out for my actual Midlothian Yukon. I may name her Midlo after all this…
You’d have to sell it private sale or even list on cargurus. Just keep looking u might find one for msrp. I’ve heard of unreal prices lately for trucks and suvs tho, salesman I know had a 2500 HD diesel high country for $84k here in michigan, dealer from Cali bought for $97k plus the $2-3k to ship out west. Crazy!

OP
OP
K

kate_t

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You’d have to sell it private sale or even list on cargurus. Just keep looking u might find one for msrp. I’ve heard of unreal prices lately for trucks and suvs tho, salesman I know had a 2500 HD diesel high country for $84k here in michigan, dealer from Cali bought for $97k plus the $2-3k to ship out west. Crazy!
I'm giving up on looking, I'll just wait it out. My dealership/salesman was nice enough to give me the discount, it's not at all worth going in and buying something for $10k+ over what I'd be paying...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Phoenix2k9

Latest posts