AUX input

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

coolchuck

maybe Escalade bound?
Reaction score
I did this to my denali. worked great but the wires were slightly different color. I must say though it is freakin awsome. here is where I mounted my input. Surprising this actually made it work also as a bluetooth if i have my phone hooked up to the input. My brother liked it too and now he wants me to do it to his denali. I will have to do a write up with pics next time.

This seems like a good option. Cant wait to see the write up.

I thought about the Isimple but that thing is expensive just to add an aux. I problaby put that money toward another headunit. but then you need harnesses and then... man it didnt used to be this hard

bapin93

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Great Solution

I used this solution and it turned out great. Sound quality is fantastic, cost was almost nothing, and time was relatively low. You don't have to "know what you are doing" to make this work either. Here is a link to the video tutorial.

https://youtu.be/TfJ9mdXwLYQ

Good luck!

loveofmoney

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I did this to my denali. worked great but the wires were slightly different color. I must say though it is freakin awsome. here is where I mounted my input. Surprising this actually made it work also as a bluetooth if i have my phone hooked up to the input. My brother liked it too and now he wants me to do it to his denali. I will have to do a write up with pics next time.
i have the same setup with the 2005 yukon denali Bose system i would like to know what write up you used to this.

nelly17

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Same here. 06 denali. Nav and 6-disc. No xm. Want to install the AUX port.

mattt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The avalanche site mod is great, my only little gripe with it is you have to turn the stereo volume up pretty high when using it with an ipod. I have the ipod volume up about 80% too, otherwise it is just too low of volume coming out of the speakers. One side effect with having the volume that high is you can almost hear bleed thru from the XM signal in the background. Still.....the best $3 mod out there. I put my 3.5mm jack in the glovebox so it can't even be seen....out of sight, out of mind.

Martinjmpr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The avalanche site mod is great, my only little gripe with it is you have to turn the stereo volume up pretty high when using it with an ipod. I have the ipod volume up about 80% too, otherwise it is just too low of volume coming out of the speakers. One side effect with having the volume that high is you can almost hear bleed thru from the XM signal in the background. Still.....the best $3 mod out there. I put my 3.5mm jack in the glovebox so it can't even be seen....out of sight, out of mind.

Dumb question - How do you remove the glove box to get to this?

mattt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I just flipped it down. I didn't disconnect it from the dash.

mattt

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you look to the outboard sides of the glovebox itself, you will see stoppers that keep it at the position you photographed it in. If you push in the stoppers are bypassed and the glovebox will drop down further. I mounted the input jack in the small compartment in your second pic. Hope that helps.

Jimmy John

Reaction score
Did this hack a few weeks ago did not use it much at the time. Now my 6 cd internal changer has gone belly up and I rediscovered the aux input using a old apple nano I have. I noticed the Preview channel seemed to have a better frequency response audio wise compared to the ID channel for whatever reason. However with the Preview channel I can here it bleed sound through during quiet parts of a song. So I got to thinking since I don't use the XM radio I would unplug the antenna and see what happens. Actually works well. Hard to tell if the frequency response is actually better cause I can't really compare the two now because it will only play through on the ID channel now. The Preview channel won't let the aux input sound through for whatever reason. One other positive is it seems to automatically select the ID channel so I don"t have to mess with changing it now after I restart the engine. Just my observation for whatever it's worth. The antenna on the XM radio is the single wire with the square connector mine was hard to unplug as usual.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne