AUX input

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

605Jake123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Is there anyway to have a 3.5mm input jack for my stock 6 disc cd player? I have a 04 tahoe lt if that makes any difference. I would like to plug an mp3 player into it and dont want to have to put in an after market head unit and i hate using fm transmitters.

ezdaar

Chat Troll
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Go to best buy and get the Isimple brand module. 179$
Its plug n play and gives you a Ipad, Iphone, Iwhatever plug AND and 3.5mm Female jack to plug any other audio device into.

If you have OEM nav it also has video hookup for aftermarket video whatever..

I hid all of my plugs in the cubby below the OEM radio, along with the bs switch that turns the unit on and off..
If I didnt tell you it was installed you wouldnt know. Pics inc..

photoryan

Reaction score
I had a USA Spec in my 03 Yukon. http://www.ipodcarpros.com/advanced...&vmodel=Tahoe&vyear=2004&submit=Find+Products
Prior to selling the Yukon, I took this out and have it still. It connects to the XM box behind the glove box and I just stashed the box and my ipod in the glove box. It also has an Aux input, but the nice thing is that the ipod input allows you to control the ipod through the steering wheel controls and you can see the ipod info on the radio display. It didn't interfere with the 6-disc changed or the XM tuner.

If you would be interested in it, shoot me a PM. I originally paid about $150, but I have no need for it, so I was going to be selling it soon anyhow.

taylorjm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did the $4 mod by running it through the xm radio and I love it. Works great, uses steering wheel controls, best $4 I ever spent. Do you have xm radio?

OP
OP
605Jake123

605Jake123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hmm 4 dollars sounds nice. i have the XM option but i dont have it activated can i still do the mod?

taylorjm

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes you can. I don't have the xm activated so it just says preview on the screen, but the audio from the mp3 player comes out.

bigbird189

Reaction score

slipping

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I did the $4 mod by running it through the xm radio and I love it. Works great, uses steering wheel controls, best $4 I ever spent. Do you have xm radio?

Agree for sho. Did this to my 04 hoe and my bosses 03 burb. Love it. :D